The ALB heli shop

Flybefree
Master Sergeant

The ALB heli shop

Postby Flybefree » Sat 23 Mar 2013 12:08

Knights of the Beta, appreciate the screen shots and videos. Any feedback on the helis? Any changes to how they are used with the addition of fixed wing support? Screenshots of new aircraft would be appreciated....jets are cool, but let's see some fling-wing love. Blackhawks have guns right?

Thanks,

Shaun

Obermotz
Master Sergeant

Re: The ALB heli shop

Postby Obermotz » Sat 23 Mar 2013 12:25

The SF helo drops in the beginning of matches is more difficult because jets can ruin a blackhawks day. Especialy important since infantry is hard to dislodge from buildings in the beta.

Rhusehus
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Rhusehus » Sat 23 Mar 2013 12:34

My question is really out of the thread, but can you tell us how is the efficiency of AA against helos and fixed wings ?

Did standart INF is still efficient at close range against helos ?
Did autocanon AAs can hit fixed wings ?

How missiles AA do their job against helos and fixed wings :
-Did they hit easily helos than planes ?
-Are planes though ? how many shot can put them down ?

If you can enligth me, or point me to a thread where my questions are already answered, thanks ! :)

EDIT : Ho, and a last one : Is the Change alt move for Helos are efficient against AA ?

SkylineR33FTW
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby SkylineR33FTW » Sat 23 Mar 2013 16:41

Did standart INF is still efficient at close range against helos ?
Yes 100% I was expecting a blackhawk drop in front of my position last night, set up an ambush with infantry at the drop point (what i figured it would be, as it's where i would drop them). And they dropped like flies. Still damn effective.

Did autocanon AAs can hit fixed wings ?
Yes Autocannons can hit heli's. Still deadly (because ofc helicopters shouldn't be that close to them).

How missiles AA do their job against helos and fixed wings :
-Did they hit easily helos than planes ?
Yes heli's are easier to hit. Planes move extremely quickly so you can fly through the AA net, take it down and evac out with enough micro. Although a good AA net shuts down jets completely.

-Are planes though ? how many shot can put them down ?
Planes can be 1/2 shot by the lock on AA systems. It feels balanced both ways from my games.

Ho, and a last one : Is the Change alt move for Helos are efficient against AA ?
In terms of how it was in the previous game yes, as in you can pop up out of cover, take down your target then change altitude and become hidden again. However there obviously are better options than risking heli's like that.

Any other questions feel free

Requiem
Corporal

Postby Requiem » Sat 23 Mar 2013 17:51

1 question: so can you no longer lock down a sectors airspace with 1 or 2 buks or somthing similar?

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Sat 23 Mar 2013 18:24

No idea buks and tunguskas are not available in beta

Flybefree
Master Sergeant

Postby Flybefree » Sun 24 Mar 2013 01:31

Any new helicopters? Heard that helis can't drop INF in the mountains, is that true?

Thanks,

Shaun

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Sun 24 Mar 2013 01:38

Flybefree wrote:Heard that helis can't drop INF in the mountains, is that true?

Thanks,

Shaun

It is true :(

Requiem
Corporal

Postby Requiem » Sun 24 Mar 2013 04:26

from what videos i have seen blackhawks are armed. any specificson what they are armed with, are there multiple armerments to choose from on a unit tree and is it known what otheer transport helis got door guns?

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sun 24 Mar 2013 04:28

Requiem wrote:from what videos i have seen blackhawks are armed. any specificson what they are armed with, are there multiple armerments to choose from on a unit tree and is it known what otheer transport helis got door guns?

ATM, dual M134's in a doorgun mount. With the M134 modelled as it is, the Blackhawk is now an amazing AA helicopter :P Hopefully its range will be reduced severely for air targets in the future.

The Dornier 215 gets an MG3 doorgun. Dont believe the Chinooks have any armament.

Heli's are still very important, especially recon ones. But they are also super vulnerable to even the cheapest jets if the heli isnt armed appropriately. Recon heli's will be downed by MiG19's etc. Thankfully some helicopters are armed with AA missiles to defend themselves.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”