Why can't I choose the map I want to play?

Trimack
Private First-Class

Why can't I choose the map I want to play?

Postby Trimack » Thu 30 May 2013 21:19

Two seriously restrictive problems that could be easily fixed:

1) Allow the host to choose the MAP not just what the game thinks is best for the number of players in that game.

2) Allow the host to choose the POINTS not just what the game thinks is best.

I have played since European Escalation and enjoyed the ability to do high player count with low point/income to force people to be cautious with their units and promotes less unit spamming, I fear that will not be possible with this new setup. Thank you for taking the time to make this easy change to improve the flexibility of our gameplay.

Floppar
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Why can't I choose the map I want to play?

Postby Floppar » Thu 30 May 2013 21:30

Did i miss something?!

You can choose of several maps depending the size of the lobby - and yes it will have a reason why you cant play on Highway with 4vs4 or more...

and also you can still choose the startpoints
Last edited by Floppar on Thu 30 May 2013 21:31, edited 2 times in total.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Thu 30 May 2013 21:30

Let me make this quite clear. The developers have already said, NO over 100 times. The reason is everyone will start crying because it'd be unbalanced and just a mindless game. I myself think there should be no restrictions, or at least against the A.I.

Trimack
Private First-Class

Postby Trimack » Sun 2 Jun 2013 23:58

Floppar wrote:Did i miss something?!

You can choose of several maps depending the size of the lobby - and yes it will have a reason why you cant play on Highway with 4vs4 or more...

and also you can still choose the startpoints

Why would you restrict what map a player wants to play, what reason would that be that I can't play highway 4vs4 with my friends? If you're not going to give a real reason why you feel this way why are you responding?

Also I wanted to make an AI game with 1k starting points and that isn't allowed. If the AI is too stupid to play with 1k points.....

triumph
Major

Postby triumph » Mon 3 Jun 2013 01:26

You're asking for a sandbox mode where you and your friends may do whatever they please with the games assets. Not for design or any elegance that emerges from great design.
Transcend Excellence

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Mon 3 Jun 2013 07:00

I really wish Ferrari would make a pick-up truck...

Looter
Sergeant

Postby Looter » Mon 3 Jun 2013 07:40

I agree, I even made a similar thread earlier this week. There's really not much of a reason to restrict the host of a server from what he can pick, if it's that big of a deal to people then just have a "Custom" checkbox hosts can tick when setting up the game server that allows them to select what map and point settings they want regardless of how many people are playing. If people are too lazy to take a glance at the servers settings before setting themselves as ready, that's their fault, and they can always host a server.

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Mon 3 Jun 2013 07:51

There really is no reason to restrict it.

People who dont want to play highway 4v4 wont play it anyway.

I play only 4v4 games, which means WALB has much less maps for me to offer than WEE.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Bonk
Master Sergeant

Postby Bonk » Mon 3 Jun 2013 08:51

the reasoning that everybody would be crying about the spam and imbalance was absolutely fine.....until they introduced 10v10. :roll:

xXSunSlayerXx
Sergeant

Postby xXSunSlayerXx » Mon 3 Jun 2013 08:58

i still don't understand how the amount of players would have any impact on the "map-balance". the starting points and income simply get divided by the amount of players... :?
so if anybody could tell me the difference in balance between playing 4vs4 on highway and playing 1vs1 on highway with the exact same amount of starting points, that would be appreciated.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”