Here we go

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Here we go

Postby Rorschach » Mon 10 Jun 2013 20:30

Ok, ok, I'm fully aware of the respones of 'L2P' and 'stop moaning', but I really think this is a bit of a problem. Some of the NATO units are, IMO, quite OP. I know there's a balance patch coming, and I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't alone in my opinions.

The Bushmaster- Slices through basically anything and is available on cheap units like the LAV. Works fine when it is slaughtering my APCs and ATGM vehicles, but when it's defeating heavy tanks over mid range, and killing15 man marine squads in literally 2 seconds, I think it gets ridiculous.

The F-117- This SOAB can be countered by forward recon and interceptors, but in close matches on thick terrain, where you can't get sufficiently spread out recon and AA, it's stupid. It blips in, disappears, and my tanks implode. Being able to field 2 of these buggers, coupled with their quite low price of 150, makes them quite annoying.

The transport helis- $5! $5 transport helis??

We've had the Burantino nerfed to bits, and Pact generally hammered back into its place so that the NATO noobs can't cry 'PACT IS OP' anymore, so how about a 'lil love for Pact this time?

Rant over
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Re: Here we go

Postby I WUB PUGS » Mon 10 Jun 2013 20:47

Read the forums. Your complaints have many supporting voices. However those voices are met with the same responses.

But I'll address some points. What crap tanks are you using that get killed by the F-117? They do HE damage that normally only stuns decent armor. Also if you had spread them out then it would probably only effect one tank.

You realize its not just the LAV right? I use autocannons in every deck. The LAV-25 is really not special. Its just that you see a lot of NATO players using US Marines. Autocannons in general need a tweaking since they can kill heavy armor at range............but why in gods name are you letting them get into range?

Those transport helis are also useless beyond just flying around and only Germany gets those cheap helis. All PACT transports are dual role. Not my fault if you don't see the inherent value in a gunship that can perform transport duty. Closest thing NATO has to this is the Lynx with rockets or 20mm and its nowhere near as good as a hind or mi-8. Are PACT heliborne infantry expensive? Hell yes, but you need fewer if you support them with their helos that you just paid for. Fact is that NATO may be able to get more troops to an area faster and cheaper, but after they land, they've got hundreds of points of useless helos. Sure sure people say "oh but they can use them as screens", well they also die to AAA and SAMs in a heartbeat and that stupid NATO player just gifted you a couple hundred points. Obviously this isn't the case with the 5 point German Huey, but that thing is made of paper and its slow.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand once again, the Buratino wasn't nerfed. It was only tweaked. Many of us feel that the change was a godsend for those of us that like it. Its an accurate napalm bomber thats near impossible to counter and its more supply effective now since you're forced to do short salvos to better effect. Again, not my fault if you can't adjust to this, but saying it got nerfed is just wrong.

The biggest nerfs we've had effected both sides. The CBU nerf and the air defense range tweaks effected both sides the same. Some might say that the CBU nerf hurt NATO more since many were reliant on those CBUs to kill PACT heavy tanks, now they need ATGM from planes..............so far more dangerous to use.
Last edited by I WUB PUGS on Mon 10 Jun 2013 20:50, edited 2 times in total.

Alboulcan
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Alboulcan » Mon 10 Jun 2013 20:48

I WUB PUGS wrote:Read the forums. Your complaints have many supporting voices. However those voices are met with the same responses.

But I'll address some points. What crap tanks are you using that get killed by the F-117? They do HE damage that normally only stuns decent armor. Also if you had spread them out then it would probably only effect one tank.

You realize its not just the LAV right? I use autocannons in every deck. The LAV-25 is really not special. Its just that you see a lot of NATO players using US Marines. Autocannons in general need a tweaking since they can kill heavy armor at range............but why in gods name are you letting them get into range?

Those transport helis are also useless beyond just flying around and only Germany gets those cheap helis. All PACT transports are dual role. Not my fault if you don't see the inherent value in a gunship that can perform transport duty. Closest thing NATO has to this is the Lynx with rockets or 20mm and its nowhere near as good as a hind or mi-8. Are PACT heliborne infantry expensive? Hell yes, but you need fewer if you support them with their helos that you just paid for. Fact is that NATO may be able to get more troops to an area faster and cheaper, but after they land, they've got hundreds of points of useless helos. Sure sure people say "oh but they can use them as screens", well they also die to AAA and SAMs in a heartbeat and that stupid NATO player just gifted you a couple hundred points. Obviously this isn't the case with the 5 point German Huey, but that thing is made of paper and its slow.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand once again, the Buratino wasn't nerfed. It was only tweaked. Many of us feel that the change was a godsend for those of us that like it. Its an accurate napalm bomber thats near impossible to counter and its more supply effective now since you're forced to do short salvos to better effect. Again, not my fault if you can't adjust to this, but saying it got nerfed is just wrong.

The biggest nerfs we've had effected both sides. The CBU nerf and the air defense range tweaks effected both sides the same. Some might say that the CBU nerf hurt NATO more since many were reliant on those CBUs to kill PACT heavy tanks, now they need ATGM from planes..............so far more dangerous to use.

1)well lavs are fast and can get in range fast enough.
2)the same thing u described about helis goes for pact 5 point trucks. Also as soon u get fortified in the city it gets harder and harder to get it back and till u get AA to support ur assault ur initial infantry will prolly be slaughtered already.
3)the biggests nerfs where indeed air defence but that favors nato due to the retarded f117 or f16 falcons which can do multirole.Also infantry AT can do as much harm or even better vs tanks. So as long u take a city supported by marines or whatever plus at infantry along with AA gona lose it.but even if u do a small run of f16s falcons or f117 will cease enemy infantry too.

fjodor
Sergeant First-Class

Postby fjodor » Mon 10 Jun 2013 20:59

even goddamn t80 cant survive 2 direct hits from paveway
----
don't forget about 5 point btr60, a little bit op

ps: im strict pact player and i think that btr60 is ridiculous

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Mon 10 Jun 2013 21:02

Pact isn't perfect, but Nato needs a nerf.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Postby I WUB PUGS » Mon 10 Jun 2013 21:07

1)well lavs are fast and can get in range fast enough.
As are other autocannons, so LAV's aren't special, just common because "MARINES!!!".

2)the same thing u described about helis goes for pact 5 point trucks. Also as soon u get fortified in the city it gets harder and harder to get it back and till u get AA to support ur assault ur initial infantry will prolly be slaughtered already.
People use trucks? WTF? Why aren't you using autocannon/ATGM IFVs? Have you seen what a Czech Vidra does?

3)the biggests nerfs where indeed air defence but that favors nato due to the retarded f117 or f16 falcons which can do multirole.Also infantry AT can do as much harm or even better vs tanks. So as long u take a city supported by marines or whatever plus at infantry along with AA gona lose it.but even if u do a small run of f16s falcons or f117 will cease enemy infantry too.

Dude, they nerfed IR MANPADS and thats really about it. The PACT still have tons of RADAR guided and the Tunguska line is still the best platform in the game for killing things that fly.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand whats keeping me as PACT from burning down entire cities with Buratinos or bombing them to hell with Su-22? Su-22 are cheapish, rearm quickly and you get 4 of them.

I have an idea. Stop taking a city and then waiting there to die as you give away troop positions and cluster them up.

I play both sides and my favorite deck for clearing cities is not my massive USMC 1975 deck with tons of Marines and bombers. Nor my French deck with Legion + VAB 20mm and tons of bombers. No, its my Czech deck with 4 x Su-22, DANAs and awesome mortars and auto-cannons.

dzimmu
Second-Lieutenant

Postby dzimmu » Mon 10 Jun 2013 21:09

The Bushmaster- Slices through basically anything and is available on cheap units like the LAV. Works fine when it is slaughtering my APCs and ATGM vehicles, but when it's defeating heavy tanks over mid range, and killing15 man marine squads in literally 2 seconds, I think it gets ridiculous.
Bushmaster and lav25 balanced. Btr60 and KPVT that's not balanced and requires correction.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand whats keeping me as PACT from burning down entire cities with Buratinos or bombing them to hell with Su-22? Su-22 are cheapish, rearm quickly and you get 4 of them.
And the Czech mig21bis which can take 8 (!) planes and which take precedence over any NATO aircraft.
Last edited by dzimmu on Mon 10 Jun 2013 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
panzersaurkrautwefer wrote:Nor has there been a decent explanation why US debt is relevant to the fact the panzersaurkrautwefer are unable to focus on his own problems. Mental exercise: total Russia collapse. Like literally. Customs union falls into a black hole..

Wasabi
First Sergeant

Postby Wasabi » Mon 10 Jun 2013 21:11

With the high amount of income you can afford decent recon and aa coverage, I rarley find jets a problem and I play as both Pact and Nato
"Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy."
General Patton

busboy
Warrant Officer

Postby busboy » Mon 10 Jun 2013 21:57

I'm constantly amazed at how people don't understand how powerful autocannons are these days.

LaggingInAction
Master Sergeant

Postby LaggingInAction » Mon 10 Jun 2013 22:08

Now where is Eric with his Cult of the Autocannon seal?