My account got reset.. twice!!!

coldfire

My account got reset.. twice!!!

Postby coldfire » Wed 21 Aug 2013 18:06

Well this happened to me twice... something goes wrong and i need to reinstall windows.. the game stays but I reinstall windows and then I open the game with the SAME exact account and profile and friends etc but Im a level 1 with 0 points with all my decks gone.

Ive played the first time to lvl 73 and second to 96 and now I have to start from 0 again, why, WHY does my account get reset with a new install!!!!!!!!!! who had the bright idea to store it on the user's PC and not on the server???

OpusTheFowl
General

Re: My account got reset.. twice!!!

Postby OpusTheFowl » Wed 21 Aug 2013 18:12

coldfire wrote:Ive played the first time to lvl 73 and second to 96 and now I have to start from 0 again, why, WHY does my account get reset with a new install!!!!!!!!!! who had the bright idea to store it on the user's PC and not on the server???

You are responsible for making sure Steam Could is on if you want back-ups...not Eugen...

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Wed 21 Aug 2013 18:18

If you don't want to go on resetting your own account, follow these steps:
1. Make a backup of "profile.wargame" and "profile_localpart.wargame" (to be found here: Steam/userdata/<your profile ID - long row of numbers>/58610/remote.
2. After a fresh install paste those backups into remote, overwrite the existing files and you have your Command Stars, Campaign progress etc. ...
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

AvihooI
Private First-Class

Postby AvihooI » Mon 21 Oct 2013 10:49

The profiles are locally stored? That's interesting...
Isn't there a concern that people would fake their accounts and decks? Or otherwise simply copy an account from a player who has already progressed?

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Mon 21 Oct 2013 14:49

You still need your login credentials, so people can't fake an account (exception below), but yes, you could get level 100 and full campaign progress if you'll get these two files by a friend who achieved level & progress. More likely (at least in my experience) is that people reset their level to find games ..

Warning: before giving your profile to anyone, uncheck "store login information" - else your account credentials are stored in the given files and anyone receiving your files could login to your account and do whatever they want.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

AvihooI
Private First-Class

Postby AvihooI » Mon 21 Oct 2013 18:02

Shifu wrote:You still need your login credentials, so people can't fake an account (exception below), but yes, you could get level 100 and full campaign progress if you'll get these two files by a friend who achieved level & progress. More likely (at least in my experience) is that people reset their level to find games ..

Warning: before giving your profile to anyone, uncheck "store login information" - else your account credentials are stored in the given files and anyone receiving your files could login to your account and do whatever they want.

Oh well... I guess it takes lots of precious space to hold those account details and you won't be able to play offline. However, it's not a biggie as it just gives you more units - not a real way to cheat in multiplayer since getting specific units that you want to use isn't too hard.