Chinese Units in Wargame Red Dragon

Carnage1138
Master Sergeant

Re: Chinese Units in Wargame Red Dragon

Postby Carnage1138 » Wed 12 Feb 2014 03:20

I'm curious to see what we can expect the highest end Chinese tanks to be after MadMat confirmed that the ZTZ-96+ series tanks weren't going to be in and what their Soviet counterpart would be in order to measure their effectiveness. Cause when MadMat compared the Chinese in RD to be like the French in ALB it caused me to hit the "PANIC!" button.

Also, saw the posts Max_Damage posted. To think I had thought I had seen the limits of man's stupidity........

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 12 Feb 2014 03:24

Carnage1138 wrote:I'm curious to see what we can expect the highest end Chinese tanks to be after MadMat confirmed that the ZTZ-96+ series tanks weren't going to be in and what their Soviet counterpart would be in order to measure their effectiveness. Cause when MadMat compared the Chinese in RD to be like the French in ALB it caused me to hit the "PANIC!" button.

I dont see why, 2nd best nation in nato armour wise :lol: (USA win by M8 AGS only)

Seems that China will do well.

DrRansom
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby DrRansom » Wed 12 Feb 2014 03:28

Carnage - there is no limit to man's stupidity...

As for China, I wonder what the style would be. To capture some of historical reality, China should 'feel' very different from USSR, West Germany, or the United States.

Kovlovsky
Captain

Postby Kovlovsky » Wed 12 Feb 2014 03:31

Thanks for the thread about Max_Damage ban, it was very funny. I often saw him whinning about imaginary nerfs on Pact, but I didn't know he was banned.

Carnage1138 wrote:I'm curious to see what we can expect the highest end Chinese tanks to be after MadMat confirmed that the ZTZ-96+ series tanks weren't going to be in and what their Soviet counterpart would be in order to measure their effectiveness. Cause when MadMat compared the Chinese in RD to be like the French in ALB it caused me to hit the "PANIC!" button.

Also, saw the posts Max_Damage posted. To think I had thought I had seen the limits of man's stupidity........

You are overreacting. France is one of the most solid country in the game and one of the best choice for a NATO national deck. Mixed NATO has probably overshadowed the national deck concept, but I can garantee that France is very powerful. Their tanks are extremely strong by being very accurate and having decent AP which makes them the ultimate "shoot and scoot" choice. Their armor may be poor, but it's not really problematic if you cover them adequately. If Chinese has similar capabilities, they will be very interesting to play and flexible.
Courtesy of Graphic

Graphic

Postby Graphic » Wed 12 Feb 2014 03:42

I'd even argue that, depending on the map and what decks Pact are running, France is sometimes better than the USA in ALB. Being compared to France is nothing to be alarmed about.
k

RangerPL
Major

Postby RangerPL » Wed 12 Feb 2014 04:02

France is probably the most balanced* NATO nat'l deck in ALB, after the US.

*Balanced as in having a good mix of units for every role

Carnage1138
Master Sergeant

Postby Carnage1138 » Wed 12 Feb 2014 04:07

I guess it's all just a matter of opinion but I've never been real good with glass cannons. I just seem to get along better with nations that have units that can take more then one hit. It's why I prefer the US, FDR, and the UK to the French deck. Honestly though since they are going in on the Communist side I'm comparing them more to the PACT nations (North Korea isn't even a blip on my radar).

EDIT: With confirmation of the Leclerc I am no long worried about the French as at long last they get a MBT.
Last edited by Carnage1138 on Wed 12 Feb 2014 04:11, edited 1 time in total.

another505

Postby another505 » Wed 12 Feb 2014 04:09

Guggy wrote:I really see China playing like ALB's France. I dont see how that is a bad thing, as France kicks ass currently :(

i doubt it
france has great airforce and atgm infantry in alb
which clearly china doesnt have in RD
Of Salt

Kovlovsky
Captain

Postby Kovlovsky » Wed 12 Feb 2014 04:14

AMX-30/32/40 are all MBTs.
Courtesy of Graphic

ericdude88
Captain

Postby ericdude88 » Wed 12 Feb 2014 04:22

Graphic wrote:I'd even argue that, depending on the map and what decks Pact are running, France is sometimes better than the USA in ALB. Being compared to France is nothing to be alarmed about.

I think the primary concern is that China lacks super ATGMs like the French with their Milan F2 infantry and high end AGM Super Entendard. It will be interesting to see how China plays out in open beta.

But I sincerely hope that China won't be one of those "weak" factions out in the open ground... Its ground army is its pride and primary strength!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”