Remove the ranked level

Pomegranate23
Sergeant Major

Remove the ranked level

Postby Pomegranate23 » Fri 6 Sep 2013 10:00

Hi!

Ever since Wargame:AirLand Battle was released I started playing ranked 1v1s. However I also enjoy playing with my friends and now that I have reached "captain" it seems like I have to make a choice. Play more ranked and risk getting kicked more frequently, or play with my friends and never touch ranked again. I can't imagine how it must be for higher ranks, if people kick simple captains like me.

One of Eugens members mentioned in a thread that ranked might get reset with the introduction of conquest mode. Since Eugen made normal level invisible in a lobby for the reason that people will kick lower/higher levels, I wish that they could also make ranked level invisible.

Lemieux
Warrant Officer

Re: Remove the ranked level

Postby Lemieux » Fri 6 Sep 2013 10:08

Pfftt! Only captain you noob? ;)

+1 and not least of all because you are in the same clan as me :)

The option to hide your rank, or even hide the entire lobby's rank as host would be great!

makhot
Warrant Officer

Postby makhot » Fri 6 Sep 2013 10:25

I'd rather see the player level than the rank, but one or another has to be there. Not that I wouldn't have won fairly high ranking ranked players, but playing against them is just pure agony. Not fun. And I play for fun. Same as in EE, every match was fine except those vs players at lvl 100 (or god knows how much above in reality).

EvilFrog
Corporal

Postby EvilFrog » Fri 6 Sep 2013 10:34

Players want a high-leveled team trample pub? :roll:

eaglefarm
Corporal

Postby eaglefarm » Fri 6 Sep 2013 10:37

I would prefer everyone to be ranked on every game, and that ranking made public before you play a game. That way players could be matched with players of their own ability, or could choose games against people of similar ability.

Ending up in games against people way above your ability is just not fun. But there seems to be no way to avoid it at present.

Pomegranate23
Sergeant Major

Postby Pomegranate23 » Fri 6 Sep 2013 10:49

Yes it would be good if you could somehow see everyones skill level,but right now thats impossible.

I can play 1000 hours and do a "high-leveled team trample pub", as long as I dont play ranked. And also just because one plays ranked it doesnt mean they are gods at this game. I usually played rank whenever I felt for a 1v1. The current system is effectivly killing ranked mode.

For gods sake,don't come with the argument that all ranked players always use cheese tactics :roll: I played 3 games yesterday vs people without rank.....in all the games they rushed/cheesed in one way or another.

burnthepigs
Sergeant First-Class

Postby burnthepigs » Fri 6 Sep 2013 10:52

I think I'll be glad when the ranks reset, can't count how many times I was kicked out of games for it. I probably just won't play ranked afterwards because of that, and because I don't like conquest that much.

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBravo » Fri 6 Sep 2013 11:00

Pomegranate23 wrote:Yes it would be good if you could somehow see everyones skill level,but right now thats impossible.

I can play 1000 hours and do a "high-leveled team trample pub", as long as I dont play ranked. And also just because one plays ranked it doesnt mean they are gods at this game. I usually played rank whenever I felt for a 1v1. The current system is effectivly killing ranked mode.

For gods sake,don't come with the argument that all ranked players always use cheese tactics :roll: I played 3 games yesterday vs people without rank.....in all the games they rushed/cheesed in one way or another.

In my experience not all ranked players use boring cheese tactics, but most of the ones I've played do. Whether its a win or a loss, the game ends up being pretty boring.

David™
Staff Sergeant

Postby David™ » Fri 6 Sep 2013 11:48

JBravo wrote:In my experience not all ranked players use boring cheese tactics, but most of the ones I've played do. Whether its a win or a loss, the game ends up being pretty boring.

This is also my reason for not playing ranked players! I understand you play the game to win, but at what cost? So I save the hassle of it all and avoid playing them.

Luzertof
First Sergeant

Postby Luzertof » Fri 6 Sep 2013 11:48

Nope, it's important to see the rank of players to kick those who have a very high chance of using some kind of cheesy tactics.

And those are, not only my experience as it seems like, people with silver and gold badge.

Wargame is a game, played in the free time without competitive style by less than 10% of all users and only a small part of those play it for real competition.

Like there's no way the game is balanced to this small group of outsiders the normal users should have at least the possibility to avoid them. There's also no problem in a single high ranked user, I played several times against such people (and won) - the problems are ranked teams or wannabe elitist clans that play as a team to roflstomp some noobs.

No cherry picking. Play ranked if you want and with your friends and go into the dark side or don't play ranked and join the good side. But step away from suggesting to steal other peoples methods of sorting people out to improve YOUR game by making theirs less enjoyable.

Yeah, and a free help on top: Maybe don't open stupid unit buff/nerf threads, it seems that's a big problem that comes with getting higher in ranked. Your clanmate here in this thread can easily assist you with avoiding this due to his massive experience in such threads.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”