DLC Suggestion for US Decks

Spartan0536
Staff Sergeant

DLC Suggestion for US Decks

Postby Spartan0536 » Fri 4 Oct 2013 05:58

Given I have not played much of PACT as I enjoy the challenges of NATO and have more expertise of NATO based tactics and weaponry there are a few suggestions I would like to make in regards to DLC, I personally do not think that this unit will break any balance of the game.

Unit Name: US Marine Force Recon
Unit Alliance: NATO
Unit Nation: United States
Unit Type: Recon/Special Forces Infantry (Similar to Marinejeger units)
Unit Strength: 10 (10 man team)
Unit Classification(s): Marine
Unit Size: Very Small
Unit Optics: Very Good
Unit Speed: 33 km/h
Unit Road Speed: N/A
Unit Stealth: Very Good
Unit Fuel Capacity: N/A
Unit Autonomy: N/A
Unit Stabilizer: N/A
Unit Year: 1983
Prototype: NO

Armament & Stats:
M727 Carbine
Ammunition: 5.56mm x 2040
Range: 525m (Ground & Heli)
Accuracy: 12
HE Power: 1
Suppression: 39
Rate of Fire: 300

M60
Ammunition: 7.62mm x 1000
Range: 1050m (Ground) / 525m (Helicopters)
Accuracy: 9
HE Power: 0.5
Suppression: 54
Rate of Fire: 923

M40A1
Ammunition: 7.62mm x 10
Range: 1050m (Ground Only)
Accuracy: 20 (beats the PSG-1 as it is bolt action, they had much better head spacing over earlier semi-auto rifles)
HE Power: 1
Suppression: 54
Rate of Fire: 1

Transportation:
1. M996 Humvee (Price of 30+5)

2. LAV-25 (Price of 30+35)

3. UH-1E (Price of 30+15)

Unit Deck Limit: 2/2
Unit Card Limit: 6 Veteran / 4 Elite

This might look like some sort of "super unit", it is not, they can not engage medium to heavy armor, and they have no long range AA so helicopters are good as well. They are designed to advance scout in force (hence the 10 man instead of the usual 5) and engage the enemy when necessary with exceptional Marine style accuracy (Force Recon snipers are among the best in the world). The M727 Carbine affords this Force Recon team accurate and deadly automatic fire making them contenders against Spetsnaz and VDV alike,and allows them to utilize CQC tactics when in cities or forested areas more effectively. The M40A1 as stated above would have better accuracy as its head spacing is of a tighter tolerance than an semi-auto PSG 1 (I think the PSG-1 should have an ROF of 2). The Card limit being 2 might sound OP but with the reinforcement size per card being 2 less than the Marinejeger and Fernspaher at Elite and Veteran levels this balances out as it will take more resources to get fewer units onto the field making these Force Recon guys a real specialty not to mention their MARINE only status. I chose the Humvee as the base transport as these guys would like to keep small, fast, and deadly, the LAV-25 while not small affords them some great direct action cover fire in assaulting a lightly defended position, and the Gunship/Transport Huey does the same just from the Air, and Marines love their UH-1's. I hope this was not overdone, and if I missed anything please let me know, and please try to keep the criticism respectable and productive, thanks!
Last edited by Spartan0536 on Sat 5 Oct 2013 06:55, edited 2 times in total.
If your rifleman cant hit it your marksman can; if your marksman cant hit it your sniper can, if your sniper cant hit it your air/arty assets can, if your air/arty assets cant hit it then F*** that guy he isn't even concerned about you anyway!

BBallinStalin
Sergeant First-Class

Re: DLC Suggestion for US Decks

Postby BBallinStalin » Fri 4 Oct 2013 08:38

My entire 4 years in the Marines, I never once saw an M16A3 in the hands of a Marine, Recon or MARSOC. I saw them in the hands of some navy cats guarding ships in Norfolk but that was it. If anything Recon should have M4's and M40's. I wouldn't even see a reason to give them CG's or LAWs, even though for some reason every unit needs a shoulder fired rocket.... I'd rather see them have a SAW and a M40. I mean they're recon troops meant to gtfo if something bigger and badded comes around, not fire rockets at tanks.... you report the tanks in to air and have some bombs dropped, or Naval Gunfire Support.
Do you even gun bro?

Miskyavine
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Miskyavine » Fri 4 Oct 2013 09:53

M4 Was introduced in 1994 so its a little out of timeframe maybe just the normal M16A1 thats ingame already? and 1988 would make them PROTOTYPEs
How i feel when reading the OFF TOPIC section of the forums http://imgur.com/gallery/t9IXqDs

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Fri 4 Oct 2013 10:56

Last thing US lacks is recon.

Flieger
Lieutenant General

Postby Flieger » Fri 4 Oct 2013 12:58

Still hoping for the M1A1HA...

Spartan0536
Staff Sergeant

Postby Spartan0536 » Fri 4 Oct 2013 16:06

I know some MARSOC unit used the XM177 and M16A3's back in the 1980's, I could switch it to an M16A1 easily, as for the AT, I suppose an M60E3 could replace it, it would make them effective anti-infantry. Thanks for the insights, will update!
If your rifleman cant hit it your marksman can; if your marksman cant hit it your sniper can, if your sniper cant hit it your air/arty assets can, if your air/arty assets cant hit it then F*** that guy he isn't even concerned about you anyway!

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 4 Oct 2013 16:07

TBH you'd achieve the same thing if you'd just give rangers a sniper :\

Spartan0536
Staff Sergeant

Postby Spartan0536 » Fri 4 Oct 2013 16:35

The rangers are not technically SF in this game, the Force Recon guys would fill more of the role similar to the Marinejeger or Fernspaher, except with a dedicated anti-infantry role.

I have updated the details with an M727 Carbine which according to MARSOC records was used in the 1980's during the XM4 trials, I removed the AT system and replaced it with an M60, the only other unit to use an M60 was the riflemen and Marines which are more of a basic infantryman and not as well trained as SF (given Marines have exceptional marksmanship as general infantry). I kept most of the M60's basic stats unchanged except for the accuracy to which is set to 9 (Delta Force's Stoner 63 has an accuracy rating of 10) as to show their elite status but still keep it in balance.

As for why not a prototype, well they are a MARINE only unit, so unless you check US with no bonus , or US and Marine and nothing form 1980 and earlier you will NOT get to use Force Recon. I think these limitations afford a good balance, adding prototype to them would not make them viable at all.

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Fri 4 Oct 2013 16:53

Spartan0536 wrote:As for why not a prototype, well they are a MARINE only unit, so unless you check US with no bonus , or US and Marine and nothing form 1980 and earlier you will NOT get to use Force Recon. I think these limitations afford a good balance, adding prototype to them would not make them viable at all.

You would also be able to get them in a NATO deck with no limitations/marine. But because they are from a later date than 1985 they have to be prototype, it's not a question, it's a must.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Fri 4 Oct 2013 16:54

I have to question what this addition would bring to the game other than a cool toy for fans of Force Recon. There's no seriously pressing gap to be filled, and the US is the NATO nation with the least gaps in-game already, as you'd expect.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”