CV Snipping, last Patch didnt change anything

Medicus
Sergeant First-Class

CV Snipping, last Patch didnt change anything

Postby Medicus » Sun 27 Oct 2013 15:08

So after pausing a while from WAB because of CV snipping in ranked I hoped for the best after the last patch. But my first game today was as always...My enemy made cheap infantry to sneak behind my line to snipe CV, made cheap bomber to snipe on luck my CV, made cheap heli to snipe my CV, made cheap transports to snipe my CV.

I realize some might like this CV sniping game. But for me it strongly limits the tactical potantial the game offers. I want to fight on a tacitcal level and not sneak and look out for sneaking units. And there is a very easy solution for this CV sniping problem. Just make Command Sectors easier. Maybe FOB for commanding home sector (really hard to destroy unless u bring an army). Or give each sector a flag to capture and remove the CV issue completely. That also would enable fighting on the whole map instead of just a few sectors (since u cant defend CV on remote sectors nobody places them there and therefore there is hardly any action going on).

I can only hope Eugen will implement some serious CV changes. As I see it ranked is a dead gamemode again like it was in WEE. And I think it is because of these silly settings. For myself, I can only say when Eugen does not get this fixed in WAB I am done with any Wargame they bring out in the future. A amazing game with bad settings in ranked is just not motivating enough for me.

Thanks for reading and please support if u hate CV snipping too
Chris

saber2243
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: CV Snipping, last Patch didnt change anything

Postby saber2243 » Sun 27 Oct 2013 15:17

Protip, don't let them recon your CVs
they cant do anything if they don't know where it is
Peace through Superior Firepower

ITz_GERMAN_stRATig
Sergeant

Postby ITz_GERMAN_stRATig » Sun 27 Oct 2013 15:34

We dont know the match you played. If you would upload it we could might help you.
Maybe this cheap units play style is just the counter strategy against your strategy.
hi

dzimmu
Second-Lieutenant

Postby dzimmu » Sun 27 Oct 2013 15:37

Use in advanced zones command tanks, cover their smoke screen if you can not hide them.
panzersaurkrautwefer wrote:Nor has there been a decent explanation why US debt is relevant to the fact the panzersaurkrautwefer are unable to focus on his own problems. Mental exercise: total Russia collapse. Like literally. Customs union falls into a black hole..

Random
Captain

Postby Random » Sun 27 Oct 2013 15:47

CV sniping is somewhat rare in ranked.
Unless ofcourse, you don`t protect them/pay enough attention to them.
And you need 10 (6+4) CVs for ranked play, even if you don`t need more then 8 often, running out of CVs means almost always defeat, therefor you should rather take more then less.

solaris
Lieutenant

Postby solaris » Sun 27 Oct 2013 16:20

Just so you know, FOBs go down in one barrage from Su-24MP/A-6F. They are super easy to kill with artillery as well, a few shells of 203mm is all it takes.
Anecdotes do not count for game balance.

Muppet
Warrant Officer

Postby Muppet » Sun 27 Oct 2013 16:30

Not the cheap inf is the problem. The real problem are the nearly unspottable Reconinf-Squads. This guys are pissing me off :evil:
Spoiler : :
Thx eMeM for this signature :D

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Sun 27 Oct 2013 16:31

You know what are practically invulnerable to artillery?

Command Tanks. Put them in your dangerous zones.

Protip- don't be predictable with your CV placement.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

Medicus
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Medicus » Sun 27 Oct 2013 16:56

Rorschach wrote:You know what are practically invulnerable to artillery?

Command Tanks. Put them in your dangerous zones.

Protip- don't be predictable with your CV placement.

That is all not a solution. U get expensive command tank then u have less points somewhere else. If he doesnt go for ur command tank u lose other front.

Cv placement gets easily by cheap units scouted. There is no unpredictable place for them.

Medicus
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Medicus » Sun 27 Oct 2013 16:58

If u protect ur CV much u have less points somewhere else. And if he doesnt attack u lose. also I have played top 10 ranked before wipe and i can tell u cv sniping is very common. It has heavily increased since the conquer mode implementation since u dont need to worry much about points anymore.

Random wrote:CV sniping is somewhat rare in ranked.
Unless ofcourse, you don`t protect them/pay enough attention to them.
And you need 10 (6+4) CVs for ranked play, even if you don`t need more then 8 often, running out of CVs means almost always defeat, therefor you should rather take more then less.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”