GOG Downloads of EE

milo41
Private

GOG Downloads of EE

Postby milo41 » Fri 10 Jan 2014 17:38

Hi:
I purchased EE from the GoG.com website. It installs fine and links to the server, but I can not seem to tell what version I am running and whether or not I need to apply any updates or patches. How can I tell what version I have and how do I apply patches? Where do I get patches? Where do I get the DLCs. I did not get the game off steam, so I don't believe I can download any of the patches or DLCs from there.

All help welcome.
Thanks
v/r
Mike

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Re: GOG Downloads of EE

Postby Shifu » Fri 10 Jan 2014 17:56

Hello,
isn't the game in the steam library? :s
I don't know any source but steam to download stuff.

You can check your version number in the main menu, left side, a bit above the "menu" panel.

"v.13.07.18.670000744" is the current version. Checking the last 3 digits is enough though, so your number should end with "744".

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Fri 10 Jan 2014 18:16

To my knowledge, third-party sellers cannot d/l DLC's unless they were purchased from Steam, it's a license thing.
Just sign up for Steam and add it to your inventory and try it.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

milo41
Private

Postby milo41 » Fri 10 Jan 2014 19:00

Thanks. I checked the version and it is 744.
I registered on steam and found that I could put the game in my library as a 3rd party game, but even though it is also a game sponsored by Steam, I don't think I can register it without buying it from them.

A follow up question is how do I take advantage of the discount for Airland Battles? I have a key for EE but it is not in the exact same format. The discount seems to want a key that is YY-XXXXXX......
my key does not have the two character prefix "YY". My key allows me to register the game and play on the server, but it doesn't seem to work with the discount for ALB.

Thanks again

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Mon 13 Jan 2014 19:37

milo41 wrote:A follow up question is how do I take advantage of the discount for Airland Battles? I have a key for EE but it is not in the exact same format. The discount seems to want a key that is YY-XXXXXX......
my key does not have the two character prefix "YY". My key allows me to register the game and play on the server, but it doesn't seem to work with the discount for ALB.
Mail to eugsupport@eugen.fr

Return to “Tech Support”