BMP-1D not firing its grenade launcher (2ndary weapon bug)

LapinDuracell
Corporal

BMP-1D not firing its grenade launcher (2ndary weapon bug)

Postby LapinDuracell » Thu 5 Apr 2012 12:16

Hi,

I've tried many times and watched some replays, it seems the Pact BMP-1D never uses its grenade launcher, even against infantry at close range. Proof is their grenade ammo always stays at 45.

Did I miss something in their correct use or is there a bug ?

Thanks !
Last edited by LapinDuracell on Thu 5 Apr 2012 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

solvens
Major

Re: BMP-1D not firing its grenade launcher

Postby solvens » Thu 5 Apr 2012 12:20

Mine use their grenade launchers, but i always lock the main gun before engaging infantry.

LapinDuracell
Corporal

Postby LapinDuracell » Thu 5 Apr 2012 14:17

solvens wrote:Mine use their grenade launchers, but i always lock the main gun before engaging infantry.

Indeed, by locking the main gun it works, but I don't think it should work like this. Other secondary weapons (Autocannons, MG, ATGM etc..) fire along the main gun with other units, so why not on the BMP ?

Thanks

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 5 Apr 2012 16:52

We're looking into it.
Thanks for the tip.

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tigga » Thu 5 Apr 2012 16:54

There's a few other things like this scattered about, and I'm never sure if they're intentional or not. Arty pieces won't direct fire, for example, unless the main cannon is disabled or out of ammo.

LapinDuracell
Corporal

Postby LapinDuracell » Thu 5 Apr 2012 19:17

Tigga wrote:There's a few other things like this scattered about, and I'm never sure if they're intentional or not. Arty pieces won't direct fire, for example, unless the main cannon is disabled or out of ammo.

Indeed, I just made an AI test, and MTSA-1 arty isn't firing at direct gun range if the long range "version" of the weapon is enabled.

I really suspect this is a bug, AI not handling direct/indirect fire priorities or sth like this. Thankfully Eugen guy saw it, so hopefully it will be fixed. Anyway no more BMP-1D for me unless this is patched :/

Mazz
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mazz » Thu 5 Apr 2012 21:15

Actually, I think somewhere in one of the patches most units with multiple weapon types lost their ability to target 2 different targets. I.E. NATO tanks with autocannons cannot shoot the 20mm at an advancing APC and shoot other threats with it's main gun at the same time.

This seemed to work just fine up at release as I remember my MBT-70s doing it often, but more recently I've noticed that pretty much every vehicle with a secondary weapon type struggles to do this unless you turn off the primary.

Artillery is probably the biggest problem because it uses the same launch point and therefore never disables the main for the close-on without doing it manually.

LapinDuracell
Corporal

Postby LapinDuracell » Thu 5 Apr 2012 23:12

Well, it's strange that nobody noticed and reported it before, as it seems to seriously diminish the interest for such units.

Shouldn't we file a more appropriate bug report in some other place of the forum ?

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 5 Apr 2012 23:19

LapinDuracell wrote:Shouldn't we file a more appropriate bug report in some other place of the forum ?

Not necessary in that case.
I've red the above, and I'll make sure we check that ...

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: BMP-1D not firing its grenade launcher (2ndary weapon bu

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 6 Apr 2012 02:09

It's nice when the devs are active community members. :)
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.