Official list of (real) bugs

keebs63
Brigadier

Official list of (real) bugs

Postby keebs63 » Thu 19 Mar 2015 14:56

So, if Eugen ever gets around to another patch, I want them to have a list of bugs that they can go off of so they do not miss anything. Please, only post bugs, not balance or price issues etc. I will try to put everything in the OP to the best of my ability. Also, please refrain from reposting if it is in the OP.

So, to start it off:
-Redfor GSh-30-2 cannons (possibly others) only have 2 sup. (F-7B, Su-25s, IL-102)
-tanks in wrong price filters after repricing (will make a list tonight)
-A32A Lansen autocannons have more accuracy than stabilizers
-Bal missiles blow up on target destruction, resulting in the death of AShM trucks. (Similar to the issue with Heavy SAMs)
-Many units in incorrect filters in armory ( will make a list tonight)
-DDR Leichte Schutzen still have regular availability and veterancy, dezpite being changed to shock.
Last edited by keebs63 on Fri 20 Mar 2015 12:59, edited 8 times in total.
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Razzmann
General

Re: Unofficial list of bugs that must be fixed

Postby Razzmann » Thu 19 Mar 2015 15:00

Lansen (plane) having more accuracy than stabilizer on its cannon.

Oh wait. It is not a bug. It is a feature... :roll:

Kolovrat
Lieutenant

Postby Kolovrat » Thu 19 Mar 2015 15:04

- Bal kills himself if the target dissaperars/gets destroyed during volley
- "Crotality" bug

Last edited by Kolovrat on Thu 19 Mar 2015 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Thu 19 Mar 2015 15:28

to expand on the GSh-30-2 problem:

list of planes with 2 suppression:

All Su-25, B-5, Il-102, and F-7B

list of ships with 2 suppression:

Najin 57mm gun
Luda 37mm gun
Hujian 37mm gun
Komar 25mm gun
Shanghai both weapons
Shantou 25mm gun
Shmel 25mm gun
(possibly, due to weapon stats not being visible on card but i suspect they are broken too)
Najin lighter guns
Jianghu lighter guns

out the units listed above, the bug notably/drastically impacts the intended roles of 8 of the units.

on the subject of F-7B cannon, i know "no more reroles" but was it intentionally statted as a ground attack cannon? i know "harhar NK air force" but it would at least worth consideration as a 55 point suicide fighter if the cannon was restatted towards A2A so the plane could do some more reliable damage beyond the two 40% 4 HE missiles. i guess disregard if this isn't a "bug", just want to know if it was intentional or not.

George S. Patton
Sergeant First-Class

Postby George S. Patton » Thu 19 Mar 2015 15:37

Fix that damn lobby bug :x
If you don't know or don't know what iam talking about...the bug where something happends in the lobby and it resets your scroll on the deck drop down menu
Image 13-0 the dream is real

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Thu 19 Mar 2015 15:48

*twitch* Arty direct fire on helo's, with the rounds disappearing in mid air. *twitch*

Seriously, anyone that tries to defend it as realistic or intended is getting sent to the Gulag.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Thu 19 Mar 2015 16:23

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:*twitch* Arty direct fire on helo's, with the rounds disappearing in mid air. *twitch*

Seriously, anyone that tries to defend it as realistic or intended is getting sent to the Gulag.

I am also quite sure that is a bug, but it seems sort of controversial and this is mean't to be a lost of the bugs, not a arty on helos debate thread.
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Thu 19 Mar 2015 19:06

Kolovrat wrote:- Bal kills himself if the target dissaperars/gets destroyed during volley
- "Crotality" bug

I think it's more a lucky shot rather than a true guided shot.

delor
Lieutenant

Postby delor » Thu 19 Mar 2015 19:31

The only significant non-naval issue to my mind is that when you specify "Fire At Location" it gets ignored if you click on a unit. It's a huge pain to have your bombers not drop bomb and then overfly the enemy ADN and die because you specified to fire at location near a unit, so they decide to attack the unit instead and then lose the attack order when you lose LOS to the unit. It also has several other knock-off effects involving artillery, including making the "artillery can hit helicopters" thing even worse by having them fire at the helicopter's exact location instead of the ground under them.

When you say fire at location, the units should fire at location, not at a unit, and that location should be the terrain skin under the mouse cursor where you click.

It'd also be nice if the legitimately broken ATGMs- the Milan F3 and that ZDF-89, to my knowledge*- could be fixed. Pretty much all non-F&F ATGMs do slightly worse than their listed armory accuracy even under ideal (no LOS interruption, no morale loss, etc) circumstances due to the nebulous quirks of WG missile tracking. Those two, however, are dramatically worse than the listed armory accuracy. I suspect fixing them would probably be no more difficult than cut-n-pasting the unit data from a working missile of the same range over and then changing the AP and accuracy to the correct values.

I feel like there's one or two others I'm forgetting, but those two are the most significant ones that spring to mind for me.

*I've tested 12+ ATGMs and those two were the only ones that misbehaved, but there may be others that weren't among the ones I tested.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Thu 19 Mar 2015 19:47

ahhh, just like the good old days of buktillery. Honestly, for crotality, just deal with it, it's sufficiently rare.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”