Zoom done, dynamic sounds, proper shortcut keys, graphics and seeking official replies.

Ark07
Staff Sergeant

Zoom done, dynamic sounds, proper shortcut keys, graphics and seeking official replies.

Postby Ark07 » Fri 31 Jul 2015 00:02

UPDATE 8/2/2015
Thank you to everyone at Eugen who listened to the cries for better zoom, its heartwarming to know that we are heard when we voice questions and solutions that seek to improve game-play.

(To begin with, if you are one of those people who think the current zoom levels are fine then please ignore this thread we don't need your input as its rather selfish to those who want more zoom, i say this because I believe both sides deserve to be satisfied).

To alexis le dressay, development team at Eugen and related

Ark07 steam discussion patch v.130 quote, "Madmat stop ignoring us we want official feedback on whether we will have steamworkshop support? And we want more camera zoom out and shortcut keys for buildings like 'b' for barracks 'l' for light vehicle bay...you get my point. Its hard to macro when you gotta scroll back to base to build units by clicking the buildings, that's not going forward but backwards in the RTS scene".

Response [EUG] Madmat qoute, "I'm not ignoring anyone: this has been answered negatively a good dozen times already.As for the zoom, we are working on it".

Ark07 response, "Yes people I have been fighting to see that response, Im in love with this game this is a victory for all". http://media.giphy.com/media/UTEwvH9aKvnlC/giphy.gif (concerning zoom)

Response [EUG] MadMat, "We are, but as I explained on our forum, our margin of maneuver is small.
For if people with high performance machines can play without problems with unconstrained zoom, lesser ones won't. And our goal is to keep the game playable the same way for everybody, not to offer high performance machines an advantage others wouldn't have"...

Firstly i wanna say i spent the first 20hours of my game-play not using satellite view, to which now I always play in satellite view and it kills the experience of the game, as most players in the game and even some of the major YouTube streamers state that, they also play in satellite view. This is not a case of wargame players want a wargame style zoom that would be to much but rather we want a zoom that's equivalent to the range of the current satellite view range. Perhaps allow a toggle feature between satellite view and normal view at the same range of the satellite view or even allow satellite view to zoom out further as a fix.

The important point of this topic, with respect I believe Madmat's response and Alexis le dressay the creative director for act of aggression response online and via interviews concerning more zoom in some way or another side steps the topic. Given the amount of concern and questioning about getting more zoom out of the game. The main response has always been we have a very small margin to work with when it comes to the zoom. This response has been crushed by the community releasing a mod to allow more zoom which sadly is banned for multiplayer matches because they believe it gives a unfair advantage. If so playing in satellite view is also cheating, the only difference is that you play in 4 or so colors instead.

Concerning the response of giving high end pc's a advantage over lower end pc's because lower end pc's will lag with more zoom outwards. Has it not always been that in such cases that people with lag from a gameplay lower their resolution, aa settings and overall graphical quality when the issue of lag arises? Also to mention the render reduction setting in act of aggression would help. If anything my point is that this response to the issue in one way or another side steps the core issue that many have raised, due to fact that you want us players to play this more zoomed in to have a more intensive experience or cinematic experience of the game, or as the people of Eugen have stated a old school rts feeling to the game, to which at this point, if that been the reason behind the reluctance to allow more zoom outwards then its a failure at this stage. The actual sounds of combat zoomed in at max height currently are over shadowed by the music and rather quite sounds of gun fire, missile fire, missile explosions and other combat related. A cinematic experience requires such related sounds to be intense and currently the only way to really hear these type of sounds is to zoom in as far as you can, which leaves you vulnerable to situational awareness and in a rts game that's basically suicide.

Before I suggest a final solution I just wanna bring a few things up, please don't force us to use the ctrl +1 feature to hotkey buildings, in my experience with rts games over 20 years of time is that there are shortcut keys assigned already as 'b' for barracks. You have already done the second part of this by assigning hot keys to certain units whilst in the building menus of structures. Another issue I wanted to bring up, was whether we will see better graphics to come in the future? Such as insane textures and more AA settings? Will we see dx12 for this game also? Also is it possible to allow us to have a render increase setting instead of just reduction?

To finalize this I firstly wanna thank everyone involved in the production of act of aggression. I know myself and other players have discussed how this game is our dream game that we have waited, for over 10 years. Simply no made up units, just a rts with modern units and prototypes in a old school rts style concerning game-play.

My solution to the zoom issue and lack of intense combat sounds, allow the zoom to be as high as the current height of of satellite view and if you don't wanna make satellite view more higher to follow then allow us to toggle between the normal view and the satellite view at the current satellite view height. As for the sounds of combat please make them more intense or allow settings in the audio section to allow us to have the same level of volume intensity at any height with the camera. Secondly to sound please improve the sound of combat, make it more intense we wanna hear the missiles been fired and traveling to their target before a loud boom, doing this only makes the combat experience feel more authentic.

A survey on zoom someone is doing he would appreciate the support. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M9XLTSL
I put time into doing this because I love this game and want only the best for its future.

Ark07
Last edited by Ark07 on Mon 31 Aug 2015 11:38, edited 5 times in total.
He who controls the battlefield, controls history.

megazogg
Corporal

Re: The fight for zoom improvement, dynamic sounds, proper shortcut keys, graphics and seeking official replies.

Postby megazogg » Fri 31 Jul 2015 08:51

Although there a little bit too much drama in OP, I agree that Eugen should commune with the community more. Right now I have an impression that they are completely ignore us.

Kozzmozz
Sergeant First-Class

Re: The fight for zoom improvement, dynamic sounds, proper shortcut keys, graphics and seeking official replies.

Postby Kozzmozz » Fri 31 Jul 2015 08:57

since the previous survey is full (reached 100 participants) is this the new link for this survey :

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M9XLTSL

already 150 pple participated and counting, keep it coming!

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 31 Jul 2015 09:21

(To begin with, if you are one of those people who think the current zoom levels are fine then please ignore this thread we don't need your input as its rather selfish to those who want more zoom, i say this because I believe both sides deserve to be satisfied).

FNj wrote:Implying there are some entitled kids to be patronized.

There, right here.

Also to mention the render reduction setting in act of aggression would help.

It doesn't, it makes the game ugly for no fps gain (it's the contrary actually).

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

Postby Salsifi » Fri 31 Jul 2015 09:48

megazogg wrote:. Right now I have an impression that they are completely ignore us.

Completly false since most of the content of the patchs contains feedback from us, the players of the beta...

You are just too focused on the zoom to see the other progress... that's sad.

Ark07
Staff Sergeant

Postby Ark07 » Fri 31 Jul 2015 10:01

Salsifi wrote:
megazogg wrote:. Right now I have an impression that they are completely ignore us.

Completly false since most of the content of the patchs contains feedback from us, the players of the beta...

You are just too focused on the zoom to see the other progress... that's sad.

I do see the progress off every patch, I just feel that the zoom issue is something fundamental to the game, how can you enjoy a game if the camera settings have issues.

Ark07
Staff Sergeant

Postby Ark07 » Fri 31 Jul 2015 10:13

D-M wrote:

FNj wrote:Implying there are some entitled kids to be patronized.

There, right here.

Also to mention the render reduction setting in act of aggression would help.

It doesn't, it makes the game ugly for no fps gain (it's the contrary actually).

I have observed your attitude from the other thread, that starting statement was motivated by your sense of entitlement to patronize people and others like you. It seems there are those who get a kick out of stopping progress towards a better zoom. Its a fundamental issue in my opinion and many others. If you don't want to constructively discuss this issue please refrain from commenting further. Concerning render reduction i do see a fps increase (40 frames) when its used for me and if your wondering my specs are icore 7 3.9ghz, gtx 970, 16gig ram 1600mhz.
Last edited by Ark07 on Fri 31 Jul 2015 11:15, edited 2 times in total.

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 31 Jul 2015 11:00

I have observed your attitude from the other thread, that starting statement was motivated by your sense of entitlement to patronize people and others like you. [...]

yes yes, I 'm such a bad kid for telling people spitting their frustrations all over the forum like toddlers might not be such a good idea, especially when the dev already said they working on it.

If you don't want to constructively discuss this issue please refrain from commenting further.

I don't, and there won't be any as long as you begin your thread with you "banning" anyone that 'd even try to doubt the Single Holy Irrefutable Thruth. Have fun in your circlejerk.

Concerning render reduction i do see a fps drop [..].

Yeah, that's my point.

Ark07
Staff Sergeant

Postby Ark07 » Fri 31 Jul 2015 11:12

D-M wrote:
I have observed your attitude from the other thread, that starting statement was motivated by your sense of entitlement to patronize people and others like you. [...]

yes yes, I 'm such a bad kid for telling people spitting their frustrations all over the forum like toddlers might not be such a good idea, especially when the dev already said they working on it.

If you don't want to constructively discuss this issue please refrain from commenting further.

I don't, and there won't be any as long as you begin your thread with you "banning" anyone that 'd even try to doubt the Single Holy Irrefutable Thruth. Have fun in your circlejerk.

Concerning render reduction i do see a fps drop [..].

Yeah, that's my point.

Like said, look at your response and you claim people who want a game changing fix are childish because they choose to voice their opinions yet you insult me saying this is a "circlejerk". I would be ashamed if Eugen allowed you to behave in this manner without consequences. What you said is offensive and vile. Secondly I was in error I was meant to say i see a fps increase when i use render reduction up to 40 extra fps.

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 31 Jul 2015 11:24

you claim people who want a game changing fix are childish because they choose to voice their opinions

No. Read again.

you insult me saying this is a "circlejerk"

I'm pretty sure I did not. Insulting you that is. I wonder if calling someone "selfish" is one thought.

allowed you

I think I 'm the last of their trouble. The mods might come thought and their wrath shall be terrible.

What you said is offensive and vile.

I not going to go as far as telling you to man up or get a thicker skin but, you are really sensitive aren't you ?

Return to “Act of Aggression”