[AoA Beta] Patch v.185

Wister
Command Sergeant Major

[AoA Beta] Patch v.185

Postby Wister » Tue 4 Aug 2015 18:27

NEW FEATURES:
- Added a "Restart" button in Skirmish to allow a quick restart of a game versus AI.
- Added a feedback on capturing enemy buildings (similar to the existing feedback on capturing POW), showing the progression of the capture.

BALANCE:
- Reducing the amount of money given back when selling a building to 30% of the total cost (down from 50%).
- Increasing the time required to capture a building to 8sec (up from 5sec).
- Increasing the priority of reflex fire on all ground attack planes, so that they are prioritized by all units.
- Increasing the construction zone where the US' LEM and the Chimera's Anti-Ballistic Center can be built.

- [US] Increasing the price of the TUSK 1 kit for Strykers by $50 (now $300 up from $250).
- [US] Decreasing the price of the TUSK 2 kit for Abrams by $150 (now $850 down from $1000).

- [CHIMERA] Decreasing the price of the SAS by $100 (now $650 down from $750), and its production time has been decreased accordingly. On the other hand, it is now 25% slower, making him a bit slower than a US Marine.
The intended consequence is that it will be easier to produce SAS to defend against early acts of aggression, but it doesn't turn into an incredibly powerful weapon of harassment, as it can be countered by the mobility of Marines and Felins.
- [CHIMERA] Decreasing the price of the Spear Vehicle Bay by $250 (now $2750 down from $3000).
- [CHIMERA] Increasing the price of the Sword Vehicle Bay by $250 (now $4750 up from $4500).
- [CHIMERA] Increasing the production time of the Terminator by +5sec (now 25sec up from 20sec).
- [CHIMERA] Increasing electricity consumption of the Syntech Lab by 1 points (now 2, up from 1).

IA:
- Fixing a bug affecting the US AI, leading her to build an unecessary number of LEMs.

GAMEPLAY:
- Improving the units default placement when in formation (again).

MODELS:
- Improving the upgraded HIMARS (ATACMS), now animated and with dynamically loaded missiles

FIXES:
- The speed upgrade for US tankers ("Improved chassis") no longer affect the repair vehicle (Hercules).
- The production queue of buildings should now be visible for observers.
- Fixed a display bug where a "ghost" production would remain in the production queue list (it didn't affect the production though).
- Fixed a situation where helicopters would place themselves above a building to load troops...who could never make it.

CRASH:
- Fixes a rare crash occurring on infantry animations

And by the way, the next patch is going to be a bit...thicker.

Araton
Warrant Officer

Re: [AoA Beta] Patch v.185

Postby Araton » Tue 4 Aug 2015 18:36

Alright f* chimera. Now they became the real underdog faction of this game.

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Tue 4 Aug 2015 18:41

Cartel and Zoom!

I like the changes of SAS but why didnt you decrease the buildtime of Pumas and the cost of Abrahms are still not reliable.
Last edited by ZxGanon on Tue 4 Aug 2015 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

WarriorWounds
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby WarriorWounds » Tue 4 Aug 2015 18:48

Wister wrote:NEW FEATURES:
- [CHIMERA] Decreasing the price of the SAS by $100 (now $650 down from $750), and its production time has been decreased accordingly. On the other hand, it is now 25% slower, making him a bit slower than a US Marine.
The intended consequence is that it will be easier to produce SAS to defend against early acts of aggression, but it doesn't turn into an incredibly powerful weapon of harassment, as it can be countered by the mobility of Marines and Felins.

Awesome :P

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Tue 4 Aug 2015 18:52

Thanks for these improvements and for your open mind regarding feedback. Next patch is going to be epic!

Keep up the good work guys :D
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

szalami1
Sergeant

Postby szalami1 » Tue 4 Aug 2015 18:54

Wister wrote:NEW FEATURES:
- Added a "Restart" button in Skirmish to allow a quick restart of a game versus AI.
- Added a feedback on capturing enemy buildings (similar to the existing feedback on capturing POW), showing the progression of the capture.

BALANCE:
- Reducing the amount of money given back when selling a building to 30% of the total cost (down from 50%).
- Increasing the time required to capture a building to 8sec (up from 5sec).
- Increasing the priority of reflex fire on all ground attack planes, so that they are prioritized by all units.
- Increasing the construction zone where the US' LEM and the Chimera's Anti-Ballistic Center can be built.

- [US] Increasing the price of the TUSK 1 kit for Strykers by $50 (now $300 up from $250).
- [US] Decreasing the price of the TUSK 2 kit for Abrams by $150 (now $850 down from $1000).

- [CHIMERA] Decreasing the price of the Spear Vehicle Bay by $250 (now $2750 down from $3000).
- [CHIMERA] Increasing the price of the Sword Vehicle Bay by $250 (now $4750 up from $4500).
- [CHIMERA] Increasing the production time of the Terminator by +5sec (now 25sec up from 20sec).
- [CHIMERA] Increasing electricity consumption of the Syntech Lab by 1 points (now 2, up from 1).

IA:
- Fixing a bug affecting the US AI, leading her to build an unecessary number of LEMs.

GAMEPLAY:
- Improving the units default placement when in formation (again).

MODELS:
- Improving the upgraded HIMARS (ATACMS), now animated and with dynamically loaded missiles

FIXES:
- The speed upgrade for US tankers ("Improved chassis") no longer affect the repair vehicle (Hercules).
- The production queue of buildings should now be visible for observers.
- Fixed a display bug where a "ghost" production would remain in the production queue list (it didn't affect the production though).
- Fixed a situation where helicopters would place themselves above a building to load troops...who could never make it.

CRASH:
- Fixes a rare crash occurring on infantry animations

Very very good patch! But needed more balance and everything is gona be okay :33333 you know... "Pumas".... Abrams... (have you seen any player who used Abrams in this game?) But ofc i talking about "good players" Wister my friend my datass Friend slapping friend you need play with us more and you will see the things "the usa play style atm"
btw Good patch!
may the slap force be with you
<3

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Tue 4 Aug 2015 18:59

Hope the adjustments to the SAS and Spear Bay makes the early game more viable for Chimera.

Opticalx
Sergeant Major

Postby Opticalx » Tue 4 Aug 2015 19:06

so 50+ oil for strikers aswell? :) sneaky :P
Youtube - Opticalx

Araton
Warrant Officer

Postby Araton » Tue 4 Aug 2015 19:14

Opticalx wrote:so 50+ oil for strikers aswell? :) sneaky :P

It won't stop cheesers and power expanders to mass and throw them at chimera, who are now became completely useless. They lost their capability to harass US or punish them for going for cheesy rush tactics.
If everything stays this way, I don't think I will play chimera ever again. On the bright side I can now spam Tusk 1 Strykers and win games a lot earlier without struggling with cheesers and rushers.
The all mighty Stryker shields me from helicopters, pumas, terminators and pretty much any kind of infantry. All hail the Stryker MGS may it reign forever.

WarriorWounds
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby WarriorWounds » Tue 4 Aug 2015 19:17

Yeah I too was hoping to see a bit more of a nerf on the MGS, I guess they are taking baby steps, on the brighter side you now have access to a lot more snipers to use against them.

I think were getting another patch tomorrow with cartel probably which might include even more changes, well see if anything else comes from that.