Please help me be less terrible

Lino
Private First-Class

Please help me be less terrible

Postby Lino » Tue 1 Sep 2015 17:28

I can't seem to find an early start that works for me. I don't play MP by the way always skirmish. I like the american because of deep mining, but everyone I start to venture out of my base I get destroyed. Can anyone help a guy who really wants to like this game

torinus
Lieutenant

Re: Please help me be less terrible

Postby torinus » Tue 1 Sep 2015 18:29

Start with two Oil refinery and 2 barracks, get two banks early. Build Anti tank(AT) infantry to defend vs enemy rush (put 1 AT in each bank and some in buildings outside your base). Make two aluminum refinery and then vehicle bay, get tusk 1 and spam strykers with tusk 1 and overrun the AI. When you are comfortable with this way to win, try to do other openings.

Kozzmozz
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Kozzmozz » Tue 1 Sep 2015 19:34

you really should play some multiplayer aswell. Just start with a 4v4 so your teammates can cover for you and you wont get attacked so fast. watch them , learn from it. watch the replays to see build orders or what things people do at certain points and why. analyzing is key.

noodlesocks
Sergeant Major

Postby noodlesocks » Tue 1 Sep 2015 20:03

Secure the chokepoints. Hills, bridges etc. Make the enemy have to funnel their forces to you. Secure cross roads and hold the high ground wherever you can. harass the enemy wherever you can. Prevent them from capturing banks, attack their refineries and collectors as they try to expand.

The important thing is to always be active. Don't just sit in your base expecting the AI to just send a few units every now and again. The AI will expand and will tech up if you let them.

KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Wed 2 Sep 2015 10:20

Here is my link:
(Signature) :ugeek:

atdsutm
First Sergeant

Postby atdsutm » Wed 2 Sep 2015 18:10

http://www.gamereplays.org/actofaggress ... e=standard

Download replays here. Watch them and study them!

It's also fun to learn new stuff and watch replays.

WarriorWounds
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby WarriorWounds » Thu 3 Sep 2015 04:36

You can add me in game and I can coach you for a few rounds if you would like that, same name WarriorWounds

siizon
Sergeant

Postby siizon » Thu 3 Sep 2015 16:16

First, don't give up! We believe in you. Second as mentioned above a strong opener is two oil refineries. I like to go barracks > secure bank > javelins to choke points backed with a stinger. Then I say rush to get some forward refineries and a couple of mg nests (helps ward off the AI tank or troop rush). From their the strategy is yours. I hope this helps.

-Siizon, brother in arms

Return to “Act of Aggression”