Starting Resources for Custom and Skirmish Games

cheesenium
Corporal

Starting Resources for Custom and Skirmish Games

Postby cheesenium » Wed 2 Sep 2015 16:34

To be honest, I really do not really understand the purpose of Starting Resources as at it's maximum level, it only gives you 10,000 cash with 1000 Alu which is quite little to be honest if anyone wants a quick start game.

I am wondering, would be possible if there will be a custom options to increase the amount of oil,Alu and RE hold in each well so that they do not run out as fast as it is now for longer or turtle games?

chykka
Brigadier

Re: Starting Resources for Custom and Skirmish Games

Postby chykka » Wed 2 Sep 2015 17:25

Starting with rare earth would be silly, and you only have so much storage. Starting with aluminum seems like a big boost for a faster start up if you turn up the resources.

cheesenium
Corporal

Postby cheesenium » Wed 2 Sep 2015 19:34

chykka wrote:Starting with rare earth would be silly, and you only have so much storage. Starting with aluminum seems like a big boost for a faster start up if you turn up the resources.

My question is, would it be possible to have an option to increase the amount of resource each mining nodes has?

Sometimes, I just want to sit back and build a large base without running out of resources from the mines when I hit super weapons?

It feels like this game has some sort of expiry date that each game must end in less than 1 hour.

Lino
Private First-Class

Postby Lino » Wed 2 Sep 2015 19:46

Please let us increase the amount of minerals in each mine even if this option is just for skirmish games ...long live the turtle but seriously please

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Thu 3 Sep 2015 00:17

cheesenium wrote:
chykka wrote:Starting with rare earth would be silly, and you only have so much storage. Starting with aluminum seems like a big boost for a faster start up if you turn up the resources.

My question is, would it be possible to have an option to increase the amount of resource each mining nodes has?

Sometimes, I just want to sit back and build a large base without running out of resources from the mines when I hit super weapons?

It feels like this game has some sort of expiry date that each game must end in less than 1 hour.

I've had a two hour match on AoA before, But to be honest it's a good thing if the Resource pile does in fact deplete. You don't want a game going longer than 3 hours do you? Anything more than that is possible too. But depends how set up you are for it, and if they are too prepare for Winter Stale mate. Cartel could be the best at it, If and only if you get enough POW. Same goes for the other factions, USA will need the POW desperate for rare earth, which could make super weapon defense difficult if they are trying to get though.

cheesenium
Corporal

Postby cheesenium » Thu 3 Sep 2015 03:50

chykka wrote:
cheesenium wrote:

I've had a two hour match on AoA before, But to be honest it's a good thing if the Resource pile does in fact deplete. You don't want a game going longer than 3 hours do you? Anything more than that is possible too. But depends how set up you are for it, and if they are too prepare for Winter Stale mate. Cartel could be the best at it, If and only if you get enough POW. Same goes for the other factions, USA will need the POW desperate for rare earth, which could make super weapon defense difficult if they are trying to get though.

I rather have games that can be longer if I want to as it doesnt hurt anyone if I want to turtle up with a Medium AI in skirmish. If someone wants a 5 hours long game with another friend, thats their choice to do so as the current game design is forcing everyone to end the game in less than 1 hour.

Most of my games are shorter than 1 hour and the option of turling is completely impossible in this game while I can have more lengthy games like PA or Sup Com. I am really not a fan of the game's late game design that is still too reliant on PoW like AoW where the whole end game is all about PoW race while PoW generation is still too random.

It is an additional option for those who wants to. Not forcing everyone to do so because I know there are a lot of people who likes short games.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sat 5 Sep 2015 03:52

Well Attacking and generating some POW is easy, Recovering them is not on the offense. That's why a good push means keeping your ground or having infantry they to capture right away.

Late game when map resource is low, its about building a more sustainable base and Trading units/ pow.

Return to “Act of Aggression”