Faction balance seems OK?

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

Faction balance seems OK?

Postby admiralzeech » Wed 28 Oct 2015 01:43

Heh, there's a dramatic reduction in "x faction is OP!!!" threads now, and no one seems to agree which faction to complain about anymore anyways. (Ie. "Whoever I lose to most is OP!!!")

Now most of the balance complaint threads are about the pace of the game...

Does that mean faction balance is actually pretty good at the moment? ;)

NightFright
Corporal

Re: Faction balance seems OK?

Postby NightFright » Wed 28 Oct 2015 06:06

According to the devs and their stats, the balance of US and Cartel is really good with Chimera lagging behind a bit but with this new patch Chimera should be balanced now

Naterian
Corporal

Postby Naterian » Wed 28 Oct 2015 14:57

Metal storms seem pretty OP to me

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Wed 28 Oct 2015 16:02

Naterian wrote:Metal storms seem pretty OP to me

They are super slow unless you got both sword and shield protocol and got their speed upgrade. Enemy should have better units by than and stealth detection.

nyxstef
Sergeant Major

Postby nyxstef » Wed 28 Oct 2015 16:26

torinus wrote:

They are super slow unless you got both sword and shield protocol and got their speed upgrade. Enemy should have better units by than and stealth detection.

By then Cartel would've gotten fully upgraded Spectre (stealth detection + upgraded range) and USA could already build Phalanx from mid-game.
R.I.P AoA (Sep 2015 - Oct 2015) :(

Naterian
Corporal

Postby Naterian » Wed 28 Oct 2015 17:48

nyxstef wrote:
torinus wrote:

By then Cartel would've gotten fully upgraded Spectre (stealth detection + upgraded range) and USA could already build Phalanx from mid-game.

Please explain to me how this is fair: http://www.gamereplays.org/actofaggress ... &id=307517

Oh and Phalanx's get rolled by Metal storms: http://www.gamereplays.org/actofaggress ... &id=307518

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Wed 28 Oct 2015 17:59

Pls, a phalanx is not meant to hold metalstorms, it has already 3 insane roles stuck in it, best CIWS in the game, best anti infantry and stealth detection.

I wouldnt want it to beat tanks.. and yes a metal storm is a tank/drone.

Naterian
Corporal

Postby Naterian » Wed 28 Oct 2015 18:18

AndreB wrote:Pls, a phalanx is not meant to hold metalstorms, it has already 3 insane roles stuck in it, best CIWS in the game, best anti infantry and stealth detection.

So what is the best way to kill metal storms as US?

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Wed 28 Oct 2015 18:40

Naterian wrote:
AndreB wrote:Pls, a phalanx is not meant to hold metalstorms, it has already 3 insane roles stuck in it, best CIWS in the game, best anti infantry and stealth detection.

Unit wise, stryker tusk 1 with upgraded recon team for detection, they outrange the metal storms and are also faster, later on deltas are insane against everything chimera related.

If you dont want to use tanks you can also go guardian´s with a little bird.

If your talking about a super metal storm rush as a cheese style, yes make a phalanx in your base with mgnests and usually it will wreck any kind metal storms without the healing upgrade.

If you get hit by 20 metal storms with speed plus healing upgrade, then i will say thats sooooooooo late? that you should already have any kind of unit count to deal with that easily.

Naterian
Corporal

Postby Naterian » Wed 28 Oct 2015 18:51

AndreB wrote:
Naterian wrote:

Unit wise, stryker tusk 1 with upgraded recon team for detection, they outrange the metal storms and are also faster, later on deltas are insane against everything chimera related.

If you dont want to use tanks you can also go the guardian´s with a little bird.

If your talking about a super metal storm rush as a cheese style, yes make a phalanx in your base with mgnests and usually it will wreck any kind metal storms without the healing upgrade.

If you get hit by 20 metal storms with speed plus healing upgrade, then i will say thats sooooooooo late? that you should already have any kind of unit count to deal with that easily.

Please watch the first replay.

My deltas get ran over by metal storms repeatedly. Even with artillery fire as back up.

How can I use a little bird to keep eyes on metal storms when they can shoot it down?

I'm assuming you mean Stryker ATGMs, these fair better off than tusk 2 abrams? Because of range and speed? This is the only thing that anyone has ever said that seems viable. Do blazers not detect ground stealth with the upgrade or is the recon team just longer range?

I'll have to do some testing with this later. It still seems laughably unfair because I'm going to need NLOS guidance + Tusk 1 on every stryker + recon just to deal with one 400 alum unit.

Why does chimera have a unit that seems to belong in the cartel arsenal anyway? Why should it be able to attack GROUND and AIR and why the fuck can it self-heal? Seems pretty OP to me...I'll take your advice though, it seems really viable.

Return to “Act of Aggression”