What went wrong with this game?

torinus
Lieutenant

Re: What did went wrong by this game ? And will that be fixed ? Act of Aggression does cost my Loyalty to this developer

Postby torinus » Wed 10 Feb 2016 15:53

Lets wait for the announced changes before we start more topics like this one.

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Re: What did went wrong by this game ? And will that be fixed ? Act of Aggression does cost my Loyalty to this developer

Postby Predatorrrr » Wed 10 Feb 2016 16:44

StarSauorn wrote:1- People don't like the Satellite view, why wasn't that added as Optional ?
Can be fixed in 1 day.

I play in Satellite View ALL the time. Rarely switch to the normal view. Satellite view is just perfect, if it weren't black and white, it would be very _bad_.

StarSauorn wrote:2 Why wasn't there added for people to choose the incoming rate.
What the point of RTS if you can't buy properly your Buildings and Units ?
A lot of people did say , you can make 1 resource or , longer mining, or em maybe option so you get much faster the resources.
All Suggestions have been really simple and easy to make, could have been fixed in 1 day.

You can build lots of units in this game. It's just a question of figuring out how to build up your economy properly.

StarSauorn wrote:3 Early game rush, OK you do have it here, but instead of fixing it, that's did become in my opinion more worse.

Early game rushes are not a problem. What is considered early game?

StarSauorn wrote:4 late game balance, actually just bad balanced Tank.
Man everybody can see that that its bad balanced. This unit is here too powerful.
If you play some games you do obviously see that you can't proper respond to a stupid Tank blob.
Was Obvious from the first day of the Beta, still nothing happened.

Tank blobs are easy to counter, plenty of options available.

The game is great, it just takes lots of time to learn. People don't want to invest that time into it. Maybe it has to become simpler. More easy to use. People play this game like Sim City. I don't. Furthermore, the unit delay has to go to enable micro. Those are the two issues which have to be fixed.

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Wed 10 Feb 2016 17:06

Predatorrrr wrote:Early game rushes are not a problem. What is considered early game?

I have to disagree. I think there is too many ways to rush, thus it is almost impossible for someone to counter it all. Scorpio Rush, Mortar Rush, Bunker Rush, Outpost+Sentry Rush, HQ Cap Rush, these are a sample of what is possible. On a map like Hold The Line, you have to flip the coin and guess what kind of rush your opponent might be doing. But you cannot counter it all if they are premade. This is teamwork, yeah, for sure, but it is punishing for people playing without friends. Mortar soldiers should be defcon 2 IMO and Scorpio should be at SAS range or something, so Chimera could do something against them. I often play Cartel with Scorpios and I have no idea what they can do about it. I usually destroy 10+ tankers before being killed because I watch somewhere else, otherwise, they are almost immortal until they get planes or helis. They outrange everything except sentries/bunkers, but you just have to roam around to avoid them...

Since big changes are coming, I guess this is not important anyway.

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Wed 10 Feb 2016 17:21

Why dont you just scout the enemy to see what he is up to? I dont get it. Noone scouts in this game and then complains about rushes. It's really really hilarious. In this game, every attack before hitting late game units seems to count as a rush. :lol:

The majority of players go for lategame (Abrams, Admin Centers, Terminators etc.) and then complain if they get attacked before they can pump out Terminators etc. I see it all the time. And it's very stupid.

Figure out strategies!! Only a hand full of people do that as it seems.
Last edited by Predatorrrr on Wed 10 Feb 2016 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Wed 10 Feb 2016 17:38

StarSauorn wrote:There is a big and massive difference between the way you can play a game and the way you want to play a game.

Most players dont even try to use new tactics and only stick to tank blobs instead. Because its convenient and the most easy thing to do.

StarSauorn wrote:Almost everybody who did write a negative review did mentioned exactly this issue and the broken economy.

Because they did not figure out the economy. The economy is just too complicated for most players.

StarSauorn wrote:Satellite view just makes the game black and white coloured.
The game just start to look bad.

As I have said, if it weren't black and white, you could not do any significant gameplay because of visiblity and usability.

StarSauorn wrote:You have here an early rush by Cartel like place reffinery , than some artillery towers near your base.
or block your enemy as USA with towers you can place everywhere.
Exactly this ridiculous gameplay mechanic could kill any RTS game in 1 day

MG nest rush is covered in other topics and I think it will be fixed.

StarSauorn wrote:they "other options vs tanks, than tanks " all are not working.

Artillery, NLOS javelins and first and foremost: ATTACKING the enemy earlier.

StarSauorn wrote:A game should be about tactics not build a stupid tank blob.
I do see this tactic each time I do play online. That here is an overkill fun killer.

Yes, everyone uses this tactic (late game spam) and thats the only reason why it works, but only against players who use the same tactic and dont care about attacking early.

StarSauorn wrote:It doesnt matter how simple or difficult the RTS game is, if the balance is broken.

It needs some refinement, but its not broken.

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Wed 10 Feb 2016 17:41

StarSauorn wrote:The problem start if you realize that here are beside the tank blob no other Strategies.

That is just not true. lol
I am level 38 and played 1,500 matches, I may now.

There are plenty of strategies, people just stick to those established ones, which is a problem in the playerbase, actually. You can easily play an action packed match in AoA. Thats why the PoW mechanic exists.

StarSauorn wrote:You can't scout your enemy to see if he plans a rush.

Use a recon team, use a supply truck, it is easy to do. Build some stingers and place them near your base to counter the refinery push by cartel. Just one example. You know what? Cartel is as good as dead if the refinery push fails because it costs a lot of money. It's a risky strategy for them to use.

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Wed 10 Feb 2016 18:35

Ok +1 for the scouting thing, I have to agree that I don't often scout the enemy base until I get access to helis/tanks or stuff.

But I maintain that there are too many rush possibilities and some of them are almost broken like Scorpio + ref-hill rush. IMO, bunker rush isn't the worst.

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Wed 10 Feb 2016 19:05

You notice that one scorpio costs 1,200 oil and they are very easy to destroy? Refinery hill rush can be easily countered with one recon unit alone or one stinger.

lincrono
First Sergeant

Postby lincrono » Wed 10 Feb 2016 19:18

Predatorrrr wrote:You notice that one scorpio costs 1,200 oil and they are very easy to destroy? Refinery hill rush can be easily countered with one recon unit alone or one stinger.

Only if you're lucky enough to guess exactly where he's gonna place his refinery and put your one stinger there, if not it takes a good bit more to counter. considering cartel has one of the best scouts in the game available at start (and more cheap, fast k-max tankers if it dies) and by this point we've figured out how to control construction units by moving the building, it's very easy to move a refinery into the dark space where the enemy doesn't have units. and once the base is up with guns , it's next to impossible to remove cost effectively, until you get helos/planes. If the enemy is devoting this kind of micro, and you're not because he's avoiding your units (and it looks to you like he's just passing by) he will get the refinery down most games. To a new player (and even a vet who's just not expecting it) it's a bit broken if only because there are literally no counters until you get heavy artillery or aircraft which is a lot of time getting bombed, and even longer if the dude adds a barracks and starts launching attacks from practically inside your base.

It's even worse in team games, where 2 players trying for it are far more likely to succeed partially or in full.

fully agree on the Scorpio though, far too expensive for what they do, but if you make them cheaper you gotta bring prices down across the board.

KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Thu 11 Feb 2016 10:32

"Some day at once, it will be happening. The wonder, here on this earth.
And a voice sais: Let there be - a New Day!"
---
Yawn. Good morning! This song gives screwed commanders a good mood again. At least for me. So beautiful.

I hope that also english speakers can like it. Normally its other way round: english music in german radios...

@Topic: If your strategy doesn 't help, sometimes you just need a better mood, not the best tricks can help there.
I sometimes live those situations. And with good music, I get my problems solved usually. - and then you play automaticly right.

Return to “Act of Aggression”