[Suggestion] fair games for noobs - "idea" to keep them

tactic
Master Sergeant

[Suggestion] fair games for noobs - "idea" to keep them

Postby tactic » Thu 31 Mar 2016 11:16

New and mid-players do rage-quit after they were, like often, put in a game with some pro or continuously playing guys,
because they simply got no chance, e.g.not that much experience.
Feels devastating for them if they are e.g. rushed heavily and they might give up their whole build-up- and strategy-plans because of a few total defeats.

Give them FAIR GAMES to keep them gaming and increase player-numbers time after time:

-in the Game-Lobby show either a colored bar above the steam-icon, which indicates the following, or
-show wins/deaths (and maybe the rank), or
-show the win-death-ratio, or

-show both, the colored bar and on hover above it show the wins/deaths (and rank)

New player don't know about the replay-tool.
Yes, getting started might take longer, but
ESPECIALLY in 3v3, 4v4, 2v2, what the new players join, they can mix the teams much more fair or enter appropriate lobbies.
...and how funny it is for the better ones to play vs their mates or equally skilled :D

(PS: I discovered feelings for the punished. It doesn't and shouldn't feel good if you win, alone or with friends, one after another.)
Last edited by tactic on Fri 1 Apr 2016 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
Game on!

Spector
First Sergeant

Re: [Suggestion] fair games for noobs - "idea"

Postby Spector » Thu 31 Mar 2016 12:01

That is done by having actual tires, or leagues for players. Like in SC2.

The more you win, the more you go up, the better the players you meet. Here there isn't much point in a system like that because you would have 10 people in the highest tire/league and 200 in the other ones spread out. You need a considerable player population for it to work. Unless, you want to play vs the same players over and over and over again.

What this game badly needs is a proper MP tutorial. Or some other way of helping new players find their footing in this game. Of course you first need to make the game balanced so a new player won't find a cartel refinery with 2 artillery turrets next to his HQ after 20 seconds or his constructors getting killed by 3 US constructor units armed with Machine guns and destroying his heavy armored constructor units with bullets... because... reasons...
"All your bases are belong to us", Zero Wing, 1991.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 31 Mar 2016 12:10

Problems for new players is lack of bigger player base.
This could be solved if Eugene or their publisher starts marketing Reboot edition. 100 000 owners of this game don't know Reboot edition exists. New players don't know Reboot edition exists.

Also it does not help when experienced players like Predator play vs noobs, rush them each game and then say "I want them to leave Reboot because I don't want such players in Reboot"...

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Thu 31 Mar 2016 15:08

I wrote you a PM, Torinus. I never made such a statement against noobs and your quote is wrong. Be careful when you try to quote someone!

Please read carefully and consider the following points:

If you implement this, noone will play against good players, even a lot of good players would not. It is pretty simple. Would be a big mistake. Provide auto-matching instead!

If I do not change my nickname all the time, I would not get any games for hours! Same thing is true for other good players.

Furthermore, if I get into a normal 3vs3 match, the enemy team would ALWAYS triple up on me because I am the highest ranking player. You would push the small amount of good players out of the game!

Futhermore, you can only improve when playing against good players. Since almost noone would like to play against better players (or of similar rank) this would result in the players not improving their game as much.

Even more players would join a lobby and leave it shortly after. Since there are hardly 3 lobbies open most of the time, the players would divide over different lobbies and noone would get a match going, especially the good players.

This change would diminish the playerbase even more! Less games would be played! Longer waiting times in lobbies.

I am running out of colors. :)

tactic
Master Sergeant

Postby tactic » Thu 31 Mar 2016 18:00

Simply like in other games...

Spector wrote:That is done by having actual tires, or leagues for players. Like in SC2.

I think we need it now, without SOMEHOW waiting for player-base.

Spector wrote:Here there isn't much point in a system like that because you would have 10 people in the highest tire/league and 200 in the other ones spread out.

Predatorrrr wrote:If you implement this, no one will play against good players, even a lot of good players would not. It is pretty simple. Would be a big mistake.

It's more like dynamically mixing of the players, but regarding it like you it would be at least 300 experienced and maybe 1000 inexperienced players... they just don't play every second or day.

Spector wrote:Of course you first need to make the game balanced so a new player won't find a cartel refinery with 2 artillery turrets next to his HQ after 20 seconds or his constructors getting killed by 3 US constructor units armed with Machine guns and destroying his heavy armored constructor units with bullets... because... reasons...

I won't call this imbalanced, rather risky powerful tactics :lol:

Predatorrrr wrote:Provide auto-matching instead!

...was imho less used in other games than the normal lobbies

Predatorrrr wrote:If I do not change my nickname all the time, I would not get any games for hours! Same thing is true for other good players.
Even more players would join a lobby and leave it shortly after. Since there are hardly 3 lobbies open most of the time, the players would divide over different lobbies and no one would get a match going, especially the good players.
Less games would be played! Longer waiting times in lobbies.

The times of day where you would find enough good players would be reduced,
but at many times of day you would find enough good players,
OR you just would mix teams fairly... going with the two worst, simply :)
Better get no game or more probably a more fair mixed than an unfair one.
Let's accept that to keep new players gaming.

Predatorrrr wrote:Furthermore, if I get into a normal 3vs3 match, the enemy team would ALWAYS triple up on me because I am the highest ranking player. You would push the small amount of good players out of the game!

Many are not in Teamspeak and anyway can't decently triple up, otherwise it's still ok, a challenge.

Predatorrrr wrote:Futhermore, you can only improve when playing against good players. Since almost no one would like to play against better players (or of similar rank) this would result in the players not improving their game as much.

...vs good or equal players, but not vs much better ones. Dynamically team mixing so that the teams are a bit balanced.
Game on!

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Thu 31 Mar 2016 18:05

They cannot team up? I see it almost every time when I play with my original nickname! There is a chat in the game.

Other games have a bigger player base. This game does not. My points above are all valid BTW.

So, what will happen once this system gets introduced? People will create new accounts. What do you gain?! NOTHING.

Furthermore, there more important issues right now!

The situation will be exactly like a stated above: Lobbies will stagnate even more!

Someone plays 10 games and wins 8. He has a winning ratio of 80% and gets no games anymore. Nice one!

tactic
Master Sergeant

Postby tactic » Thu 31 Mar 2016 18:14

What do the others think?
Everyone pls don't forget about your condolence to others and don't forget to give a f*ck about your stats.

...yea creating other "names" works in other games for this reason, but still many don't create other names.

Idea :idea: : they could simply reduce renaming possibility to e.g. each 7 days.
Last edited by tactic on Thu 31 Mar 2016 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Game on!

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Thu 31 Mar 2016 18:16

Adding something like that would splitt the community again. Good players would never find a game anymore and bad players would just receive an instant kick.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

tactic
Master Sergeant

Postby tactic » Thu 31 Mar 2016 18:18

the thing is you can't draw a line like
GOOD PLAYER <-> POOR PLAYER,

it would mix dynamically
Game on!

deadnation
Command Sergeant Major

Postby deadnation » Thu 31 Mar 2016 18:43

DO NOT ADD ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!

Other Eugens game wargame red dragon have this you can open other players statistics and see their win/lose ration. This ruined red dragons. Players kick high win/lose ratio players because they want to play against noobs to get their win/lose ration better. No one want to lose so they pick opponents that they can win. People jump in to lobby check stats if other team have good players they leave. Only players who don't know how to check stats (new players) stay and end up against good players. Not fun for them. Waiting times are long (usually 5-40 mins) and you could see 100s players enter the lobby and leave it, even if win/lose ratio for players in teams would be balanced. Usually only way to get people to lobby fast is to have people on your friend list that you can invite to play against your team. And red dragon have much bigger player base than AoA. Players of red dragon have prayed for Eugen to remove the ability to see other players stats before match in lobby.

This problem was never present in any other wargame. And it started on day they released red dragon and only difference with lobbies was that you could see other players statics before match in previous games it was impossible to see others statics.

Return to “Act of Aggression”