#Make Commonwealth great again

Erich Honecker
Chief Warrant Officer

#Make Commonwealth great again

Postby Erich Honecker » Sun 1 May 2016 11:40

Hello!

Previous patches was made Commonwealth coalition little better, but at the moment CMW still one of the weakest coalitions in the game, especially in small games, where you need a lot cheap and cost-effective units 4 win. Thats the reason why you dont see CMW in ranked games and competitive matches.

Main reasons of the CMW weaknes:

- First of all - availability bonus. CMW have 0% avail bonus, when in the same time Scandinavia, Red Dragons, and Eastern Block have 15-20%, it is very annoying. I think, it would be justified to give CMW at least 15% avail bonus.

Infantry tab:
Weak elite infantry: you have only 3 choices: SAS/SASR/Royal Marines '90. All that units are overpriced at the moment. Compare them with FSK or Fallschirmjager '90 and compare SAS with Lstr.
- Give to SAS stalwart ground transport (only in motorised/general decks) or/and buff price to 30 pts. Yes I know that Stinger is good aa system, but in the same time Lstr Igla much better vs helos, and Lstr have superior AT and Carbine. And Lstr have wheels.
- SASR: replace the M60E3 with Minimi, or make SASR 15HP.
- Royal marines '90 to 30 points, they are in the same spot as the FSK/Fallsch '90/Yukjeondae '90. But have bigger price/or worse mg/carbine stats.
- Base Royal marines with Bren MG, have the worst DPS in the game among elite infantry units, in that cause buff the price to 25 pts. (maybe the same for the Gurkha) / or just buff the Bren stats.

Shock infantry are not bad. One thing that would be nice: shock training for Highlanders, no price changes.

Line infantry are mediocre, but some units like the Fusi '90/Can rifles '85/Diggers '90 are generally decent. But Can rifles '85 need same avail like the jager.

-Milan 2 need small accuracy buff 5% would be enough.
-British Javelin manpad convert into Starburst missile system: price to 25 pts: 5HE / 2625 m vs helicopters/ 1960 m vs planes / 50% accuracy.

Support tab:
-Base Rapier AA system have the wrong avail: 0/8/4/0/0 need fix to 0/8/6/0/0. Speed buff to 40 km/h
-Wolverine Accuracy buff to 50%.
-Falcon price buff to 25 pts.
-Marksman line buff on 5 pts. Speed buff for Centurion and Chieftain models.
-If possible Falcon and Marksman need ammo buff, especially falcon.

Tank tab:
- Chieftain line +5 km/h speed buff.
- medium optics for 65 and 85 pts chieftains. 5 pts buff for Chieftain Mk.XI.
- Price buff for Chally 1 models ( I like the price buff proposal in generals group)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WGV1/d ... 705981550/
- Scorpion light tank +10% accuracy/or price buff to 15 points.
- Mexas into motorised :twisted:

Recon tab:
-Coyote price buff to 40 pts.
-FV712 Ferret acc buff to 50 pts (because of SACLOS)
- Minimi for SBS (for the same price Spec yednotki '90 or GRU or even Jaegere '75 are much better because of very bad Bren MG)
-ASLAV 25 to 20 points (reason the only 1 AV and poor autocannon)

Vehicle tab:
-revert AVRE nerf
-Chimera ROF buff to 7RPM.
-FV432 Rarden to 10 points.

Helicopter tab:
- Lynx 3 are joke for that price. Even if it have F&F Hellfires. Buff the price to 95 pts (same as the Mi-24 DHS) Change avail to 0/5/3/0/0.

CMW can be very good coalition if we give to them a bit of love. I know that all of my proposals can't be accepted, but some of them are very important if we want to see more competitive decks in ranked and small games.

Thanks for reading)

Razzmann
General

Re: #Make Commonwealth great again

Postby Razzmann » Sun 1 May 2016 11:44

Erich Honecker wrote:Thanks for reading)

No problem xaxaxaxaxa)))))

Erich Honecker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Erich Honecker » Sun 1 May 2016 11:50

Razzmann wrote:
Erich Honecker wrote:Thanks for reading)

No problem xaxaxaxaxa)))))

sonic
Staff Sergeant

Postby sonic » Sun 1 May 2016 12:30

Sry but ur part about the infantry tab is just wrong.

Lets see: Eryx, best reservists card 5+5 150kmh, th-495, law 80 everywhere, mechanized shock inf, pioneers

and sas are not overpriced - compare a blu mechanized unit to east german proto? bad idea, and the 4vs5 he is still a deal

Erich Honecker wrote:Royal marines '90 to 30 points, they are in the same spot as the FSK/Fallsch '90/Yukjeondae '90. But have bigger price/or worse mg/carbine stats.

FSK are underpriced. Yukjeondae90 = Royal Marines? The Law80 is far better and 5 Point transport is very special for SF (SSF?).
Fallschirmjaeger90? Its not 30 points and its a prototype.

Agree to most of the other parts. But Rapier is in a very good spot imo and why not compare Lynx3 to SeaHawk?
You pick out the prototype cherrys of all coalitions and want CW to have smth compareable everywhere? U want it to beat BluMech in a 1v1 everytime. Thats a bad idea imo.

I like CW. I play it most of the time. The only problem is: how to fill the infantry and support tab - because overkill of great options.

Ground transports to SAS - yeah i like it. OP? OFC!

edit: CW ranked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z8qSEqjXC8

Erich Honecker wrote: Thats the reason why you dont see CMW in ranked games and competitive matches.

Nah, what about anything else thats not Mixed-Blu?

Erich Honecker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Erich Honecker » Sun 1 May 2016 13:01

Lets see: Eryx, best reservists card 5+5 150kmh, th-495, law 80 everywhere, mechanized shock inf, pioneers

and sas are not overpriced - compare a blu mechanized unit to east german proto? bad idea, and the 4vs5 he is still a deal

What I say before: "Line infantry are mediocre, but some units like the Fusi '90/Can rifles '85/Diggers '90 are generally decent. But Can rifles '85 need same avail like the jager."
And reservists not available in mechanized, pioneers + vulkan transport are good, comandos are good but they have poor choice of transports. Eryx 4 life.

If we give ground transport for SAS that not change anything for Bluefor mech.
And 5 he is good, because give to 2 SAS squads chance to shoot the plane. But in the same time Lstr are much better vs helos because of longer range. In close fight Lstr have superior options.

FSK are underpriced. Yukjeondae90 = Royal Marines? The Law80 is far better and 5 Point transport is very special for SF (SSF?).
Fallschirmjaeger90? Its not 30 points and its a prototype.

Yukjeondae 90 have much better weapon than base royal marines, and they not much worse than royal marines '90, and btr-80A are very good transport.

But Rapier is in a very good spot imo and why not compare Lynx3 to SeaHawk?

Rapier is not bad, but avail are wrong, and speed are very bad.

You pick out the prototype cherrys of all coalitions and want CW to have smth compareable everywhere? U want it to beat BluMech in a 1v1 everytime. Thats a bad idea imo.

Im fine with idea make many competitive decks.

P.S. shut up hononi :p

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Sun 1 May 2016 13:46

Erich Honecker wrote:

And 5 he is good, because give to 2 SAS squads chance to shoot the plane. But in the same time Lstr are much better vs helos because of longer range. In close fight Lstr have superior options.

And yet I don't know of a single person who'd prefer longer range and 4 HE over shorter range and 5 HE on LSTR
Although if LSTR were given 5 HE manpad, I'd strongly argue for a price nerf to 40 or SAS getting price buff to 30

But either way LSTR should receive same spec options as SAS, there's about as much justification to SAS being widely available and LSTR only in airborne. It's the same like tomcat being 2 per card and MiG-31M only 1, identical units and yet one is treated differently.

Erich Honecker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Erich Honecker » Sun 1 May 2016 14:10

urogard wrote:
Erich Honecker wrote:

And yet I don't know of a single person who'd prefer longer range and 4 HE over shorter range and 5 HE on LSTR
Although if LSTR were given 5 HE manpad, I'd strongly argue for a price nerf to 40 or SAS getting price buff to 30

But either way LSTR should receive same spec options as SAS, there's about as much justification to SAS being widely available and LSTR only in airborne. It's the same like tomcat being 2 per card and MiG-31M only 1, identical units and yet one is treated differently.

If I have choice, take Lstr or SAS in my deck, I always take Lstr.

morpher
Major-General

Postby morpher » Sun 1 May 2016 14:13

It make sense for SASs to be just inferior to LSTRs at the same price. Prototypes have to give an edge to coalitions over mixed decks.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Sun 1 May 2016 15:07

morpher wrote:It make sense for SASs to be just inferior to LSTRs at the same price. Prototypes have to give an edge to coalitions over mixed decks.

atm i'd consider it grosly unfair if SAS were cheaper because no one picks them for their rifle or RPG but rather their 10 HP, 30 kmh and stinger. That's about 90% of their total value. LSTR rpg and their awesome rifle is worth around 5 pts to me, but since currently their manpad is worse to the stinger, i'd place their price difference at maybe 3 pts. Giving it a 5 HE manpad would make it at least 6 pts difference.

Even the vampyr on LSTR is a situational weapon to me since I keep them in the second line of fighting to be able to down planes at anytime and avoid getting panicked by mortar/gun fire and have some chance of survival when the bombers come to kill the infantry currently fighting.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 1 May 2016 15:27

LStRs are the best special forces imo.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”