Israeli nation for Wargame

Sullian
Corporal

Israeli nation for Wargame

Postby Sullian » Sat 21 May 2016 22:27

Hello to everyone reading this topic !

As you know, Israel isn't part of Wargame: Red Dragon. It is understandable for two reasons : Israel was kinda neutral during the Cold War, even though it had very good relationship with the USA; and Israel is hard to put in a video game, because of the never-ending Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it is still subject to controversy.

Why am I talking about this ? Because I entirely created the Israeli nation how I'd see it in Wargame: Red Dragon on an Excel folder. But let me be clear : even if, as everyone who passed hundred of hours to build something, I'd love to be able to play this nation, I originally made it because I'm really interested in modern armament, especially in Russian and Israeli one. And since we already have USSR in game, I made Israel.

Sooo, why did I do this topic ? Just to discuss with you how would you see a balanced, playable and historically accurate Israeli army in this game.

Here's the link, I made it on Excel and tested it on OpenOffice Calc.

Personally, I see this nation as a rather tough one, since Israel constantly fight against other countries since it exists, composed of modern units, very effective in urban fighting, but lags a bit behind when it comes to fight heavy tanks or massive air superiority. Indeed, they have very powerful tanks, but they're lacking a bit of ATGMs. In terms AA, it's the same problem, they have really good high-end ASFs, but they are a bit light on ground AA defenses, and they lack of mid/low-end ASFs. But, as said earlier, they are really good in urban fighting, with powerful fire support units and vehicles, great SAWs, and something that is almost exclusive to Tsahal in the world : heavy APCs, with close to no fighting capacities, but huge armor, in order to make sure your unit will reach its goal, whatever comes between it and its goal.

But after all, even if I think I made something good, I'm a pretty bad player, and I know that there will be many problems in my deck. I'm just putting it there, so don't hesitate to tell me your feedbacks.

Thanks for reading !

30/05/16 update
Spoiler : :
LOG
Storm PC replaced by M325 Command Car
M462 Cargo replaced by M35 Cargo
Added M548 Alfa (MTP-LB like)

INF
Katzefet name changed to Sayaret Matkal
Golani Brigade name changed to Givati
Light infantry replaced by Sayaret Yahalom (SF FIST)
Mk 19 replaced by Handasah Kravit (B-300 FIST)
Added Hativat HaTzanhanim (Shock paratroopers)

SUP
M270 name changed to Menatetz
Added Makmat (160 mm mortar)
Added MAR-240 (Boosted BM-24)
Added Keres (SEAD missiles launcher)
Added a random flatbed truck with a ZU-23-2

TANK reworked
Sho't Meteor removed
Magach 5 name changed to Magach 5 BLAZER
Sho't Kal replaced by Sho't Kal Gimel (improved Centurion)
Added Magach 6 Gimel (a gap between the Tiran-5Sh and the Magach 6B Gal Batash)
Added Magach 7C (An even better Magach)
Nerfed Magach 6B Gal Batash gun
Added Merkava Mk II
Added Merkava Mk IIB (Slightly better Mk II, and with LAHAT missiles)
Added Merkava Mk III Baz (The new Israeli superheavy)
Nerfed Merkava Mk III in its globality but he gets LAHAT missiles

REC
Shayetet 13 Galil replaced by AKM, and Galatz replaced by a MAG 10.10
Sayaret Matkal replaced by Sayaret Maglan (5-men squad with Spike-SR and a Galatz)

VHC
Added Pereh (a fake Magach 5 carrying a bunch of Spikes missiles)
Replaced M113 I-TOW by M113 Tamuz (a M113 carrying Spikes missiles)
Replaced M113 Zelda with M113 Bardehlas (a standard M113)

AIR
Added A-4H Ayit (low-end SEAD plane)
Added A-4N Ayit (firing AGM-12 Bullpup)

19/06/16 update
Spoiler : :
SUP
Added LAR-160 (A 160 mm MRL on an AMX 13 chassis)
Added M107 and M110
Truck with ZU-23-2 changed to M3 TCM20 (M3 halftrack with twin 20 mm HS.404 guns)
Added M48A1 and M48A3 Chaparral

REC
Added AML 90

VHC

Added M3 SS-11 (M3 halftrack with SS-11 missiles)

HEL
Added CH-53 Nimrod (long-range ATGM carrier)

AIR
Changed the Mirage IIIC name and loadout to an ASF loadout
Changed the Nesher S loadout to a napalm bomber loadout
Changed the Kfir C.2 loadout to a rocket plane loadout
Added F-15A Baz (ASF)
Changed F-15C Baz loadout to be less expensive
Added F-15 Baz Meshopar (New very-high-end ASF)
Added F-15D Baz (heavy LGB platform)
Added F-15I Ra'am (Su-27M-like AT plane)
Added F-4E Kurnass (Low-end multirole bomber)
Added F-4E Kurnass 2000 (AT plane)
Changed the F-16A Netz loadout to a bomber loadout
Last edited by Sullian on Fri 24 Jun 2016 11:05, edited 7 times in total.

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Re: Isreali nation for Wargame

Postby feeblezak » Sat 21 May 2016 22:46

They'd be a nice addition of Eugen hadn't already decided no to Middle East.

I'd like to see Israel for BLUEFOR alongside Syria, Iraq and Libya for REDFOR in a hypothetical scenario for Wargame 4 or unit packs
Give the MiG-19PFM its 5600m Missile back!!
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sat 21 May 2016 23:23

I would like the middle east it was kind of central to the cold war what with the oil and all

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Sat 21 May 2016 23:43

If I ever was to suggest the addition of a nation to Wargame, I would be sure to spell it correctly, at least in the title of the thread.

Rectified.
Last edited by CornProducts on Sun 22 May 2016 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

Broth3r
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Broth3r » Sat 21 May 2016 23:45

Wargame has zero need of theater constraints - only timeline ones. With the completely independent SP campaigns located thousands of kilometers apart, and the Scandinavian and NSWP updates as they are, Red Dragon has proven Wargame can shed specific theaters and truly go global without any loss.

Israel, with their boatloads of indigenous equipment, would thus be a logical candidate.

It won't happen, though, as despite what I stated above, Eugen remains committed to European and East Asian theaters.

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Postby feeblezak » Sun 22 May 2016 00:00

Broth3r wrote:Wargame has zero need of theater constraints - only timeline ones. With the completely independent SP campaigns located thousands of kilometers apart, and the Scandinavian and NSWP updates as they are, Red Dragon has proven Wargame can shed specific theaters and truly go global without any loss.

Israel, with their boatloads of indigenous equipment, would thus be a logical candidate.

It won't happen, though, as despite what I stated above, Eugen remains committed to European and East Asian theaters.

Although before Red Dragon they were committed to the European Theatre.
Give the MiG-19PFM its 5600m Missile back!!
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

Sullian
Corporal

Postby Sullian » Sun 22 May 2016 00:45

CornProducts wrote:If I ever was to suggest the addition of a nation to Wargame, I would be sure to spell it correctly, at least in the title of the thread.

Corrected, typo happens.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Israeli nation for Wargame

Postby Killertomato » Sun 22 May 2016 01:54

Wargame has zero need of theater constraints - only timeline ones. With the completely independent SP campaigns located thousands of kilometers apart, and the Scandinavian and NSWP updates as they are, Red Dragon has proven Wargame can shed specific theaters and truly go global without any loss.

The European countries were mostly grandfathered in. The vaguely comical unit sizes (see M60A1 next to Chieftain!) are still there from EE.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Sun 22 May 2016 01:56

Sullian wrote:
CornProducts wrote:If I ever was to suggest the addition of a nation to Wargame, I would be sure to spell it correctly, at least in the title of the thread.

Corrected, typo happens.

Way to be. Edited first post, as it is no longer valid.

Sullian
Corporal

Re: Israeli nation for Wargame

Postby Sullian » Sun 22 May 2016 10:47

Well, some reaction here, but only talking of the legitimacy of Israel to be (or not be) in Wargame. What I wanted to talk about in this topic is, if Israel was in Wargame, how would you see it ? Do you think my point of view is a good one ? If not, why ? what would you change ?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”