Eastern Block

GuerreroDelAlba
Sergeant First-Class

Eastern Block

Postby GuerreroDelAlba » Mon 12 Sep 2016 08:00

Is there going to be any fix for Eastern Block anytime soon? it's ridiculously overpowered units are the reason my and some friends stop playing now that almost everybody is either playing Eastern Block or Commonwealth Decks. I come back 4 months later and everything is still the same, what the heck is going on???

molnibalage
General

Re: Eastern Block

Postby molnibalage » Mon 12 Sep 2016 08:01

Which are these over powered weapons?

GuerreroDelAlba
Sergeant First-Class

Postby GuerreroDelAlba » Mon 12 Sep 2016 08:08

molnibalage wrote:Which are these over powered weapons?

mot schutzen (that has something that shoots like a sniper instead of a mg for some reason?) on bmp1s for 25 pts, the all around LSTRS wich takes down high end planes, have ridiculously good rpg, and is really combat effective against infantry, the non radar fast strop2 helicopter murderer for 60 pts, the spammable OSAs (30 and 40 pts) the long range AA helicopters that shoot down planes DHS Mi 24p and the cheap veteran Asfs?? The problem is the cheap price, amount and veterancy of many units that Eastern block has, 14 veteran mot schutzen per card? that's a joke. also those vehicle transports with 14,5 mm machine guns that kill other mechanized vehicles worth 25 pts..

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Mon 12 Sep 2016 08:23

Bloc is in a fine place along with Norad, Cmw, and Scandi.

I'd prefer buffs to the other factions more than nerfs at this point. Maybe a slight avail hit for motoshutzen but that's pretty much it.

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Mon 12 Sep 2016 08:24

RoadkillRodger wrote:Bloc is in a fine place along with Norad, Cmw, and Scandi.

I'd prefer buffs to the other factions more than nerfs at this point. Maybe a slight avail hit for motoshutzen but that's pretty much it.

Exactly.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Mon 12 Sep 2016 08:28

bloc can be frustrating but don't play into their strengths. Avoid forest meatgrinders with them and instead focusing on dominating the open areas with your superior tanks and AA.

(Unless youre Scandi. Then simply destroy them with whatever combo of MG3 inf. and FSV you want while Strv 121s and Leo 1s crush.)
Mobile Units Operational :!:

GuerreroDelAlba
Sergeant First-Class

Postby GuerreroDelAlba » Mon 12 Sep 2016 08:37

QUAD wrote:bloc can be frustrating but don't play into their strengths. Avoid forest meatgrinders with them and instead focusing on dominating the open areas with your superior tanks and AA.

(Unless youre Scandi. Then simply destroy them with whatever combo of MG3 inf. and FSV you want while Strv 121s and Leo 1s crush.)

Not a useful advice when it comes to ranked games where taking forest are the main objetive to win. most of the top players agree with me but they just proceed to exploit broken decks, the usual with everypatch whenever eugen mess up with something and faust and me are particularly tired of it.

insurgentdude
Corporal

Postby insurgentdude » Mon 12 Sep 2016 08:52

mummy!! redfor isnt easymode to vs!!!

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Mon 12 Sep 2016 09:06

Now joke aside, I play NATO a lot and I had don't feel EB is over powered. It's kind of cost effective here and there but in woods Scandi and even Commonwealth can deal with it and it lacks true unicorns which can make the difference. Also not near Norad when it comes to high end weapons and with Canadian infantry there is a decent counter for EB inf.

Lstrs costs a lot, you have arty for them, MotSchutzen are maybe good but die in the open as anybody else, Strop 2 is glass cannon, again some arty or even iron bombers can deal with it. Dhs Mi-24 and early OSAs may are far of being unicorns.

Rabidnid
Lieutenant

Postby Rabidnid » Mon 12 Sep 2016 09:10

GuerreroDelAlba wrote:Is there going to be any fix for Eastern Block anytime soon? it's ridiculously overpowered units are the reason my and some friends stop playing now that almost everybody is either playing Eastern Block or Commonwealth Decks. I come back 4 months later and everything is still the same, what the heck is going on???

So use Scandi, Eurocorps or Commonwealth against them. They are the only really cost effective deck for redfor.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”