USA and USSR the superpowers... or not?

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: USA and USSR the superpowers... or not?

Postby Killertomato » Sun 25 Dec 2016 00:49

MLRS is niiiiiice. Not Smerch nice, but what is?

It's just not really special.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Sun 25 Dec 2016 14:43

Killertomato wrote:MLRS is niiiiiice. Not Smerch nice, but what is?

It's just not really special.

I'm not sure which is nicer, just because of avail. Two M270 will alvays be better that one Smerch.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Sun 25 Dec 2016 19:07

Solo wrote:It's essentially an M4 with a different name. It's made by Colt Canada...which is a subsidiary of Colt, which is American.

Actually, the first batch of C8s were manufactured by Colt under the name Model 725 carbine (date that is generally given is 1994); after that, production was carried out by Diemaco, which was a separate entity from Colt at the time (it did not become Colt Canada until 2005). As well, the C8 (along with the C7) are actually not identical to the M4/M16, featuring several improvements (most notably an improved barrel that has superior accuracy and wear resistance).
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Scottz
Corporal

Postby Scottz » Tue 27 Dec 2016 23:45

While I understand the historical purposes, how about enabling T-64 line in Mechanized also? While USSR infantry is far from ideal in Mech spec, it could encourage using this combination. Granted it still falls way behind other coalitions in terms of mechanized infantry, it could buff USSR. Any ideas or is this doomed from the beginning?

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant

Postby Comrade_Bane » Wed 28 Dec 2016 17:30

Scottz wrote:While I understand the historical purposes, how about enabling T-64 line in Mechanized also? While USSR infantry is far from ideal in Mech spec, it could encourage using this combination. Granted it still falls way behind other coalitions in terms of mechanized infantry, it could buff USSR. Any ideas or is this doomed from the beginning?

Nah... Let's keep at SOMETHING in this game somewhat historical. I dont think any more "non historical" buffs/nerfs should ever be suggested. Especially since there are many fixes to problems that actually ARE historically based.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”