EU 1-5 *Tactical* Servers

Postby Poison Rat » Sat 15 Sep 2018 17:04

Current map settings for low income tacticals with DESTRUCTION mode

1: Punchbowl, 35 minutes (FAST)
2: Mud Fight, 35 minutes (FAST)
3: Nuclear winter is coming, 45 minutes
4: Paddy Field, 45 minutes
5: Punchbowl, 45 minutes

FAST game means the START MONEY is very low, but the INCOME from zones is high. This requires players to get zones fast, to get the money, to be able to fund the units to win the game. FAST game is mostly for skilled players, who can play also with very cheap units.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have troubles with lag, please check your internet connection.

The server has sometimes downtime and restarts and such annoyances, but still, it is more than often, when troubles arise from player's wireless internet connection. Symptoms may vary, high ping can be one of them, game saying you have 9999ms (milliseconds) ping while other players have like 10ms to 200ms, sometimes even 400-500ms, but others can still play without problem.

You can possibly improve your WiFi connection by using less congested channel. Read some manuals of your router how to do it.

If you require as good connection as possible, then you have to use wired connection. Good quality ethernet cable between computer and router is 99.9% of time giving more reliable and consistent connection than any kind of wireless connections.
Last edited by Poison Rat on Sat 31 Aug 2019 15:51, edited 64 times in total.

Poison Rat
Corporal

Re: EU 1-5 *Tactical* Servers

Postby Poison Rat » Sat 15 Sep 2018 17:19

Some basic information about the EU 1 - EU 5 Tactical servers:

These servers are usually named like "EU 1 *Tactical* -20% 45m | [web address URL]".
The URL leads to this Eugen forums page. The servers are privately hosted.
Be aware, there can be servers who chose to use the exactly same name, there is always scammers etc.

Teamkilling and cheating are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If player/s get caught up from TK or cheat, result is almost always permanent ban. Players should report to these Eugen forums about teamkillers and include also details and replay file so the incidents can be confirmed.

Do not think your personal score matters a bit. It does not.
The only thing matters is the team win. Do not look at your personal score, keep eyes only on team score.
The reason behind this is the fact, the scoring system easily favours some actions which are not really valuable for the team, while some more valuable actions do not get rewarded at all. This can easily lead players to false assumption their personal big score would be important goal to achieve, as in reality it is not. Only thing important is the team win.

Team can win by two ways:

1) Kill all enemy team cv's before you hit time limit or score limit. That is total victory.
2) Make at least 10% higher team score than enemy team, within the time limit IF all cv's cannot be killed. It is not total victory but major or minor victory instead. Victory is decided by difference in team score.

Game ends to draw, if neither team accomplishes above.

Servers are not running 24/7, it's more like 23/6
Servers are up most of time, but also some downtime happens every now and then.

If you join these servers to play a game, it is my recommendation to adapt your playing style so you can use also infantry, recons and such low price stuff, utilizing also their stealth as well as you can. Do not try to gain unfair advantage vs. enemy team, for example using heavily teamspeak and such tools, what the opposite team probably does not have.

Playing tactical games on these servers will be most fun, when players do not try to get easy wins, but keep the gameplaying more like competitive and highly persistent on the battlefield, while keeping the balance between the teams. Well balanced teams and no unfair advantages give most of the time the best games there is, and there you will have the best value for the money you paid for the game.

Always remember, this game Red Dragon is already quite old game having no successor so far, so it is essential to maintain the game quality for players because after this game, there is nowhere to go.

Have fun games!
Last edited by Poison Rat on Fri 14 Jun 2019 14:13, edited 25 times in total.

Aquila
Sergeant Major

Postby Aquila » Tue 18 Sep 2018 17:42

Hey nice work with these servers. If I don't play ASIA-US I try play your servers. Do you ever communicate with other hosts? Maybe sharing some player-id listings of the misbehavious?

Poison Rat
Corporal

Postby Poison Rat » Wed 19 Sep 2018 18:26

Aquila wrote:Hey nice work with these servers. If I don't play ASIA-US I try play your servers. Do you ever communicate with other hosts? Maybe sharing some player-id listings of the misbehavious?

Thanks. And no, I do not try much to communicate with other hosts concerning player ID lists. I was thinking this before, but then I realized it would probably just make unneeded damage to banlists because they would be governed by too many people, each having their own ambitions and own friends and foes. Also, I probably have bit different ideas how and why to do bans, than other hosts. So, I do it myself, so the reasons and results stay quite consistent.

If I had to use some shared lists, I would trust only lists updated by Eugen, because they have moneywise reasons to keep the bans real and not undermine the player community by doing wrong bans etc. But of course Eugen probably not very active on this thing nowdays.

This all would be lot different, if there would be better functions serverside to i.e. detect teamkills automatically and set kicks and/or bans based on some configurable rulesets.

Now it's just manual work, but I guess there is not too many problems with misbehaving players.

HansPeter1981
Corporal

Postby HansPeter1981 » Thu 20 Sep 2018 01:51

How about the biggest problem we have at the moment called stacking!

There was a time/mode when servers were forced to fill up kind of evenly which made stacking a bit more difficult.

Its hard to find a balanced match now er days 10 vs 10.

Poison Rat
Corporal

Postby Poison Rat » Thu 20 Sep 2018 09:35

HansPeter1981 wrote:How about the biggest problem we have at the moment called stacking!

There was a time/mode when servers were forced to fill up kind of evenly which made stacking a bit more difficult.

Its hard to find a balanced match now er days 10 vs 10.

In my opinion, there is not so much pre-planned stacking, if any.

Nowdays most of the "stacking" happens probably due winning team had 1st successful game, so the players want to stay for the 2nd and 3rd and 4th game etc. Losers team get dissolved and filled up by random members again. So, the winning team just by staying and not shuffling, sort of unintentionally is becoming a "stacked" team, especially when they keep doing it game after game.

The only real solution can come from players themselves. They must understand they must do some team shuffling if they can see they have been already many rounds in the same winning team, making games every time easier and easier - and more boring. I do this myself sometimes if I start feeling the game was just too easy win, then I just switch to the team who just lost. Many times you can see game turning much more interesting.

If 2 good players would change from winning team to losing side after every game, I bet it would solve this stacking problem very fast.

After all, you don't pay to win. If you did, that was money wasted.

You bought the game for having good quality games, and preserving quality games needs players themselves balance the teams a bit to keep it interesting.
I personally dislike easy games, it's just wasting time. All the greatest games have always been the hardest of them all, you never knew which team was going to win until just the last minutes of the game.

About server settings, yes, there is such setting to force teams filling up more balanced, but it also makes problems the game will not ever fill up because players just are not happy if that setting is made very strict. Players will get frustrated because they can't change teams, and after a moment they just go to some other server to get to their side of choice (red/blue).
Also, this controls only the number of players in team vs. other team during filling phase. It won't help if teams are already unbalanced way (player skills) or another (other team already having 10 players, from last game).
I have experimented with different settings and I think the current settings controlling the fill up phase are quite good, enabling some freedom of choice when joining teams, but still limiting the possibility to fill up one team to full 10 players without having any members in the opposite team.
This is not foolproof thing though, because players quitting etc can mess this up a bit, and of course all the above text about winning team staying will undermine this setting anyway. So, some team switching by players themselves would be good in all cases if you can see teams are badly balanced.

Poison Rat
Corporal

Re: [RD] Report chat abuses & teamkilling

Postby Poison Rat » Mon 24 Sep 2018 10:37

Dangermouse wrote:This guy is really sick!
Very rude and teamkilling a cv (look at his marks "fucking dickhead" and starting teamkilling cv at 16:35)
Posts during the game, that he has the right to teamkill and that he soon will get the rights from Eugen to kick players.
In my opinion, he needs a doctor and a long ban to know that this is not ok.

Nick: Joe Armstrong
Server: EU2*Tactical* -40%
Date: 22.09.2018 (starting at 16:35)

Regards!

Also valid report, checked it and teamkiller has been banned.

Joe Armstrong
Corporal

Postby Joe Armstrong » Tue 25 Sep 2018 02:08

Poison Rat, could you tell me what's going on and why I'm banned at the Server?

Few other Players reacted in adequate way on this noob's behaviour who consciosuly did his best to feed the enemy. Watch his own replay and you'll find out how he tried to TK my CV in the end of the match, but time was out.

Btw, why all my reports are not commented/reviewed yet? I've been playing for 4 years, but for the first time see such a weird approach.

Best regards,
Joe

Poison Rat
Corporal

Postby Poison Rat » Tue 25 Sep 2018 11:17

Joe Armstrong wrote:Poison Rat, could you tell me what's going on and why I'm banned at the Server?

Few other Players reacted in adequate way on this noob's behaviour who consciosuly did his best to feed the enemy. Watch his own replay and you'll find out how he tried to TK my CV in the end of the match, but time was out.

Btw, why all my reports are not commented/reviewed yet? I've been playing for 4 years, but for the first time see such a weird approach.

Best regards,
Joe

I make bans based purely on my judgement. I don't ask permissions or approvals for bans, and I am not interested about political correctness. There is also valid reasons why bans are done, and there is also widely adopted reasons and rules how players are expected to behave.

I don't understand why I would need to explain the ban if it is already very clearly stated why it has been made?

I say this again just to make sure everyone understands:

Do NOT teamkill or cheat, they are exactly the behavior which tends to ruin down the game experience for 19 other players.
If someone teamkills you, do not try to revenge teamkilling because there is high chances it's ONLY YOU who end up banned.

Report the teamkiller instead of that, if it's properly done, it gets usually some attention.

I have not made any promises about catching 100% teamkillers in action, this is not a job where I get paid to do it, I only try to help keeping this game alive for few interested players - like myself - and nothing more.
But all the ones who get caught, are usually ending up to banlist.

Joe Armstrong
Corporal

Postby Joe Armstrong » Tue 25 Sep 2018 17:13

Poison Rat wrote:I don't understand why I would need to explain the ban if it is already very clearly stated why it has been made?

I've got your point. Towards me I find this one as not fair and non-objective.

First, this was not TKing in its clear understanding. Feeder was punished for ruining a team effort, this action was an exceptional one. It was not influenced on the game anyhow because of zero usefullness of above mentioned player.
Second, this player was trying to TK me in response and only my huge experience didn't allow him to do that. At the same time, if you will tale a look at the replay, you find out that this player almost did it in the end of the game (last few secs of the match, left flank - Foxtrot sector, attempt to TK my CV by the helicopter).
Last but not least, I have no reputation of TKer, and I care about it. Otherwise, I would have quit a long time ago.

Simultaneously, 2-3 pages before I reported few cases of pure TKing. No reaction at all.
I clearly understand that this is not Admins' job and you're not obliged to check everything. Nevertheless, quite often it also defies common sense.

Best regards,
Joe

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”