2 Critism on the game .

ioannis84
Private

2 Critism on the game .

Postby ioannis84 » Fri 15 Mar 2019 01:03

Dears
One very unrealistic aspect of Wargame series. Is how infantry is depicted. I am sorry but in real life in urban battles there is not such a term as shock troops. As war in Iraq and Syria showed cities are very difficult to take down from even the lowest trained foes. Usually what happens is troops use a combination of combined arms to clear cities . Not just a better trained units.

Another point
is that in the game elevation doesnt seem to affect the game if put a unit on a hill with forest that unit cannot fire down on the units below . Especially in Afganistan all what the taliban do is to set up position a hill top and ambush the enemy forces.

Do you know if these things has been ever adressed in the past. For me especially the unrealism of urban battle in the games makes me to regret of buying.

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Re: 2 Critism on the game .

Postby Fodder » Sun 17 Mar 2019 02:23

Everything in wargame is faster and more compressed than normal because Wargame is not meant to be realistic, if you wanted realism then you bought the wrong game.

I recommend Armored Brigade and Gravitteam Tactics Series instead.

ioannis84
Private

Postby ioannis84 » Sun 17 Mar 2019 22:46

It seem i waste my money on toxic game

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Thu 6 Jun 2019 04:29

ioannis84 wrote:Dears
One very unrealistic aspect of Wargame series. Is how infantry is depicted. I am sorry but in real life in urban battles there is not such a term as shock troops. As war in Iraq and Syria showed cities are very difficult to take down from even the lowest trained foes. Usually what happens is troops use a combination of combined arms to clear cities . Not just a better trained units.

Another point
is that in the game elevation doesnt seem to affect the game if put a unit on a hill with forest that unit cannot fire down on the units below . Especially in Afganistan all what the taliban do is to set up position a hill top and ambush the enemy forces.

Do you know if these things has been ever adressed in the past. For me especially the unrealism of urban battle in the games makes me to regret of buying.

The hole point in shock is consent. We bloody die to convince everyone to be just as kind. :P
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”